Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Disney Resort?

15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say this, so bear with me. I don't honestly think the dining plan is always a good financial move. If you are paying rack rate for the hotel, then you really aren't saving anything.

I personally believe that the most cost effective AND most comfortable WDW stay can be to rent an offsite villa along with transport. We are DVC members so that is part of the reason I say that. Granted, DVC is on property, but if we didn't have that, we'd be going for an offiste villa (which we did for our first visit; not a villa proper but a full guest suite (living room, kitchen, bedroom)).

If you want to stay on property, then definitely look into the value resorts as they are very nice. You can ask for rooms that are connecting too, if that might help with the kids and the grandparents.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want more space then I would stay offsite and get a villa. You'll have so much more room.

If you want to stay on Disney property you will really need 2 rooms with that many people. Yes there are family suites at All Star Music and Art of Animation but I don't think they are suitable for that many adults.

The dining plan can be a good option for some but not always.

My Laughin' Place
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dinning plan takes some serious planning IMO to get the most out of it. If this is your first time at WDW then I recommend not doing the dinning plan.

As far as where to stay, if you all want to stay together then I recommend a 2 bedroom at a DVC resort (pricey) or an offsite villa. You could always try adjoining rooms at any WDW resort but then you are doubling your budget for a room and then that also all you're getting is a room. No kitchen, no in room laundry, etc.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12