Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Disney Resort?

Post Thanks / Like
    HI, we are looking to take our kids to Disney (their 1st trip) our daughter will be 5 and our son will only be 23 months. Where would you recommend for us to stay? I am so confused!

Post Thanks / Like
    What resorts have you looked at? Do you want to stay on site or off site? Do you want a conventional hotel room, or a villa, or a hotel suite?

Much depends on having more information regarding your preferences so that we can help you plan your holiday.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi zoebums!

And to Secrets!

We'd also need to know how long you plan to go for. Give us a little bit more information like that and I'm sure we can come up with some recommendations for you.

Tom (... self appointed Assistant Cruise Director. )

Post Thanks / Like
    HI,

thank you for replying.

we are looking to go with Oct 2013 or Nov/Dec 2013.

For 2 weeks.

My husband and I plus 2 kids.

Also, parents may go but will all want separate rooms/villas etc as to have our own space. So there may be 6 adults and 2 kids.

We would like to stay on Disney Resort and maybe include dining plan as to try and save some money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebums, post: 293373
    HI,

thank you for replying.

we are looking to go with Oct 2013 or Nov/Dec 2013.

For 2 weeks.

My husband and I plus 2 kids.

Also, parents may go but will all want separate rooms/villas etc as to have our own space. So there may be 6 adults and 2 kids.

We would like to stay on Disney Resort and maybe include dining plan as to try and save some money.
    Ok. On Disney Property, your most inexpensive resorts will be the Value resorts. The All-Star Sports, All-Star Movies, All-Star Music, Art of Animation, or Pop Century. See this web page. These would be your resort options that cost the least on Disney property.

Stepping up a level, would be the Moderate resorts. This would be the Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach, or Coronado Springs. The Disney page for these resorts is here. It also references the Cabins at Fort Wilderness but unless you're looking for a camping type experience, I wouldn't necessarily recommend them for you.

Of course, if money's no object, the Deluxe Resorts are extremely nice. The page for them is here. But based on your desire to "try and save some money", I don't think they'd be what you're after on this trip.

At any of the Disney resorts you'll be able to take advantage of the Disney Transportation. This gives you either bus, monorail, or boat transportation between your Disney resort and any of the parks or Downtown Disney. Beyond that, there's just something magical about staying at a Disney resort. My DW and I always stay on Disney property. Living where we do, we drive to Disney World and stay onsite for about a week. When we arrive, I park our car at the resort and don't even see it again for the entire week. We rely strictly on Disney transportation and have never had an issue or problem.

I'm sure you'll have more questions as your planning moves on but this should get you started and give you an idea of what the resorts are like.

Keep the questions coming, we'll be glad to help!

Tom (... planning is such fun!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to put my vote in for the All Stars :) Either Music or Movies works best for us. My daughter was 5 when we went and my Son was 3 and they loved the Movies. Everything is large and over the top and there are so many places to play that they just loved it. We stayed in the Toy Story building and my little boy is a Buzz fan, so there were smiles all around.

You said you were trying to save a little money with the dining plan, so this would be your best value and I think the room size would be great for your family

Post Thanks / Like
    We like Pop Century it is mega fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help with resort information but if you decide you would like information about a villa then I would be happy to help. It may be worth looking at all options, especialy if your parents do go as well

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Pop Century is fun! Here's a few pictures from back when we stayed there back in 2004!

Just so you get an idea about how big some of those things are, that one picture is my DW standing under the Lady statue at the resort. And the Duncan Yo-Yo's are actually surrounding a staircase.

Tom (... worth the trip!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebums, post: 293362
    HI, we are looking to take our kids to Disney (their 1st trip) our daughter will be 5 and our son will only be 23 months. Where would you recommend for us to stay? I am so confused!

We've stayed at Coronado Springs Resort and loved it. We will be staying there again Nov, 2013.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast