Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Where To Stay At Old Key West?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, we are staying at OKW for our next DH. We have been told that you can see Epcot fireworks from here. Does any one know which blocks and rooms are best to see the fireworks from?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would be very surprised if you can get a good view of any of the WDW fireworks from anywhere apart from in the actual park itself.
    Ok you may get a glimpse of them from other locations such as viewing the Magic Kingdom show from the Grand Floridian, however you only get a limited view of the Illuminations at Epcot from the Boardwalk, and that is right next door to the park!





  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes like Slowhand says you will probably only get a glimpse. We stayed there last year and stayed in the Turtle pond area which was great.














  4. #4
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very little to see, actually. You might see a random high firework over the pond on Peninsula Rd. but that's about it.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 293524
    I would be very surprised if you can get a good view of any of the WDW fireworks from anywhere apart from in the actual park itself.
    Ok you may get a glimpse of them from other locations such as viewing the Magic Kingdom show from the Grand Floridian, however you only get a limited view of the Illuminations at Epcot from the Boardwalk, and that is right next door to the park!
    Thank you for your reply. Looks like we will be taking a trip to the Boardwalk one evening.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 293532
    yes like Slowhand says you will probably only get a glimpse. We stayed there last year and stayed in the Turtle pond area which was great.
    Thank you for your reply. What block in Turtle pond area did you stay in? Was it quiet?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 293539
    Very little to see, actually. You might see a random high firework over the pond on Peninsula Rd. but that's about it.
    Thank you for your reply. That's good to know.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant, post: 293790
    Thank you for your reply. What block in Turtle pond area did you stay in? Was it quiet?
    we were in building 43 on the ground floor - it was not even 100m to the pool from our front door and approx 200m to the bus stop. Hope that helps














  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 293795
    we were in building 43 on the ground floor - it was not even 100m to the pool from our front door and approx 200m to the bus stop. Hope that helps
    Yes thats a great help. It's nice to talk to someone who has stayed there. Was it a long walk to the HH from block 43?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant, post: 293804
    Yes thats a great help. It's nice to talk to someone who has stayed there. Was it a long walk to the HH from block 43?
    i never walked it i'm afraid, i would estimate that it takes around 30 mins at a leisurely pace. The bus can be used to get around the resort and stops in HH before leaving the resort














Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •