Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Skip is getting old...

Post Thanks / Like
    and apparently kind of blind. I have been having a great deal of vision issues due to cataracts! Well going under the knife...er laser on Monday. I have been putting it off but I an nearly blind in one eye due to the stinkers. So if you have a little spare pixie dust ..I have never had any surgery and I am sort of freaked out by anything getting near my eyes (let alone a "laser" you have to say that like Dr. Evil). I am ready though and many have said it is like nothing. So here is to new vision...

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be a breeze! However, good luck! I hope the doctor is having a good day.

I have had Lasik surgery in both eyes and then another procedure called PRK in one eye. The most uncomfortable thing about eye surgery is the thingy that keeps your eyelids open. It's uncomfortable. Whatever you do, do NOT google images/video of the procedure like I did. Somethings are better left unknown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 293500
    It will be a breeze! However, good luck! I hope the doctor is having a good day.

I have had Lasik surgery in both eyes and then another procedure called PRK in one eye. The most uncomfortable thing about eye surgery is the thingy that keeps your eyelids open. It's uncomfortable. Whatever you do, do NOT google images/video of the procedure like I did. Somethings are better left unknown.
    I ah...never thought about doing that!!! It is now going to be super hard to not google them. I agree, let it be a total surprise. I was told that they give you some sort of med to calm you down for the procedure. I am hoping for some good stuff. Actually friends had similar surgery and said the same thing...worst part is taping your eye open. I am sure I will be a bit freaked out come Monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will do just fine

Just think of all the things you want to look at next time you are at WDW :D

Post Thanks / Like
    frickin sharks with frickin laser beams...... just think of that before you go 'under the laser'

seriously though lots of pixie dust, you'll be just fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Yepper, my place gave me a Valium. It was nice. Not enough to really knock you out, but an amount where you feel just good enough to not care.

My place did some tape for the eye lashes and then this other mechanical thing to actually keep the eye open.

Please, do not google. I did it after my procedure....and well, I will never get those images out of my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Skip,

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

I was badly jacked up the other day about the bone marrow biopsy too. Not the same thing I know, but still invasive stuff in places that shouldn't be invaded. But after the nice nurses gave me my two Ativan tablets and injected me with who knows what through my IV, I could have cared less if they'd shot me and cut me up for dog food.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Just try to relax. If it gets too nerve racking for you, ask them for a little something to take the edge off. If they give you anything half as good as mine was, you won't care even a little bit.

Tom (... I see you!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 293503
    frickin sharks with frickin laser beams...... just think of that before you go 'under the laser'

seriously though lots of pixie dust, you'll be just fine
    Is that too much to ask???? Throw me a frikin bone! And what did #2 get him? Sea bass....but at least they were mutant ones.

That is too funny!

Thanks by the way...for the laugh and the support

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 293508
    Skip,

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine.

I was badly jacked up the other day about the bone marrow biopsy too. Not the same thing I know, but still invasive stuff in places that shouldn't be invaded. But after the nice nurses gave me my two Ativan tablets and injected me with who knows what through my IV, I could have cared less if they'd shot me and cut me up for dog food.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Just try to relax. If it gets too nerve racking for you, ask them for a little something to take the edge off. If they give you anything half as good as mine was, you won't care even a little bit.

Tom (... I see you!)
    Yeah, thanks Tom. One can only hope, wonder if I can bring my iPod loaded with Grateful Dead tracks???

Post Thanks / Like
    All the pixie dust I have heading your way Dan and its coming straight from the magic place :)

Will be thinking of you on Monday

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast