Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Skip is getting old...

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope things work out fine for you.
    You are a darn sight braver than me where your eyes are concerned....mine even start watering whenever anyone even mentions problems with their eyes, hence there is no way that I could cope with even wearing contact lenses.

Best of luck my friend for Monday, I`ll be thinking of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 293513
    Is that too much to ask???? Throw me a frikin bone! And what did #2 get him? Sea bass....but at least they were mutant ones.

That is too funny!

Thanks by the way...for the laugh and the support
    laughter is the best medicine

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,

If it is any consolation I had my eyes operated on when I was 12. The Dr. explained the procedure and mom let me make the go/no go. I'm glad I had the procedure. Now as I age I'm facing cataract surgery down the road. Am I scared yes but I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck and God Bless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Bucket of for you. I hope it all goes smoothly.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be fine 'Skip, honest. It's no fun, that's for sure, but you are going to be totally amazed at how well you see when they are done! Many of my residents have had it done, or will be having it done.

So! All sorts of good wishes headed your way!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I find the anticipation of the procedures are always worse than the actual event. Will be thinking of you!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be thinking of you Tom, but honestly you'll be fine. Just keep thinking how much better it will be afterwards.

I know a lot of people who have had laser eye treatment and it was a breeze. We have a fancy eye clinic here in Chester and it seems every man and his dog has gone there.

Still sending you lots if pixie dust my lovely.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll be fine im sure, it'll all be worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,
    Well I had the procedure on Monday. The surgery went off ok I thought and I was kind of shocked that I wasn't freaking out. I like Slowhand am totally freaked out by the eye procedure.

I was discharged, went home, took tylenol and went to bed. DW went back to bed. I started to get pain, very very bad pain, like a migraine, got nauseaus and found that I could only place my head one way (facing down) to avoid the pain or sickness. I was rushed back to the eye center to find that the pressure in my eye was at 62 (from my normal 8). Didn't do my nerves any good when 3 surgeons were summoned. Long story short, they had to "burp" my eye (please don't ask what that really means..) three times. They finally removed enough fluid to discharge me again, packed with meds.

The next day I was to return in the AM. My surgeon saw me then. He said they had a lot of complications in the surgery, they weren't able to install the toric lens that I needed (replaced with a regular one) and that he was concerned that I was going to loose my sight during the procedure. He is making plans to some how correct the damage. I can tell you one thing...he is not going in there again!!!

Anyhow, cataract is gone, and while vision is sort of jacked up, I am getting along fine enough.

Thanks all for your posts, it means a lot to me.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear!

That'll just be enough of that young feller! More problems with the eye bulbs you don't need.

Sounds like your attitude about the doctor is kind of like some of the guys I knew about who got tapped for a second tour in Viet Nam. As they said at the time, "I'll get on that airplane just as soon as you can get me and my telephone pole through that door".
    Just ain't a gonna happen.

Oddly enough, I can understand it. Both their point and yours!

Tom (... not in this lifetime. No way!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast