Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'Skip is getting old...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach. Sorry to hear that Dan! The good news is though that the cataract surgeries are so much more effective today. Recovery is much quicker, etc.

Not that it makes it any more fun, though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan so sorry to hear you are going through this. My dear MIL had cataract surgery a few years back and she says she now sees better than ever. My DW is facing it shortly and I may be facing it in the future. Losing ones ability to see is very scary.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John, Tink.

Well I met with my doctor this morning. He says that everything is looking better. I have had no pain since the first day. My vision is still wonky...feels like my eyes are focusing not at the same time and see some sort of dark ark in the edge of my left eye's vision. He checked the retina all ways round and said it looked fine. Oh well the joys of aging. I have to go back in two weeks. He still claims he has a "plan" for me to improve my sight. Got to believe he isn't just blowing smoke.

Post Thanks / Like
    A dark arc? Make him check that thoroughly please. We'll go along with the statement that he has a plan. We'll keep the smoke for campfires, ok? Good that you are no longer in pain. Hate to think of you having such discomfort.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my lovely I am so sorry that you're having such a rubbish time. I hope things improve.

Take good care of yourself.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you are feeling a bit better Dan I would definitely mention the dark arc to him

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank you all. I did mention it and he checked the whole retina and all is ok. Apparently the image is coming from the edge of the lens. Your brain will actually compensate for it after time I was told. Pshewww!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank goodness the retina is ok. Hopefully everything will improve in time.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Sam. I must be getting used to it. Overally my vision while still a bit wonky....is much better. I could get by with a pair of cheaters (reading specs) but I am much better. Thank you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope things have continued to improve, Dan?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234