Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Dollar at MCO

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok....we have flights booked and paid for through VA. If we use Dollar for our car hire (they are coming up cheaper than Alamo right now with USRentacar) can we still use the dedicated Dollar desk at MCO because we have flown with Virgin or, do we have to book the car through Virgin to go to that desk?

  2. #2
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't book the car through Virgin you will pay a fortune

    You don't go to the dedicated desk you are used to, you just go to the normal Dollar desk where all the other rental companies are.

    To be honest, it was quicker for us, because most of the people on the flight had booked packages so they all went to the dedicated Dollar desk :D









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 32390
    Don't book the car through Virgin you will pay a fortune

    You don't go to the dedicated desk you are used to, you just go to the normal Dollar desk where all the other rental companies are.

    To be honest, it was quicker for us, because most of the people on the flight had booked packages so they all went to the dedicated Dollar desk :D
    Virgin are coming up cheaper than Alamo through USRentacar.....booking through Virgin themselves it was 3 times more expensive!
    I was leaning to Alamo but I've heard that it takes an age to get through their queues and they are really terrible for the hard sell.
    The difference between Dollar and Alamo is only 6 so I could go either way.

  4. #4
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,355
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have always used Dollar up until last year when we went with Alamo and they do use the "hard sell approach" We got through quite quickly, but then we are normally one of the first off the plane :D









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 32390
    To be honest, it was quicker for us, because most of the people on the flight had booked packages so they all went to the dedicated Dollar desk :D
    Funny enough, exactly the opposite happened to us on our last trip Wendy.
    We waited for a good hour or so waiting in line at the Dollar desk as they only had 2 agents on duty. Some tempers among my fellow renters were getting a bit frayed to say the least!:mad:[Mine included!]





  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    am i right in thinking that dollar do a desk like direct road the alamo do??

    im booked with dollar too
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,849
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 32716
    am i right in thinking that dollar do a desk like direct road the alamo do??

    im booked with dollar too
    They do have a fast track desk for their regular members who sign up Mick. I`ve never bothered to join though even though we tend to always use them. Maybe I`ll look into it.





  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,386
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all free, more info and how to join HERE
    I'm not sure if I book through some one like usrentacar for Dollar, I can still get one of these express passes though Maybe you have to actually book through Dollar.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 32719
    They do have a fast track desk for their regular members who sign up Mick. I`ve never bothered to join though even though we tend to always use them. Maybe I`ll look into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 32721
    It's all free, more info and how to join HERE
    I'm not sure if I book through some one like usrentacar for Dollar, I can still get one of these express passes though Maybe you have to actually book through Dollar.
    ok thx both, will check out that link :)
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    don't you have to have a US driving licence to do the express thingies?














Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •