Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dining Plan affects Menu at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok then.

How about some suggestions for group or whatever names.

Personally I wouldn't want anything derogatory. But still something that expresses our displeasure.

Something like maybe "Disappointing Disney Dining". Or something. But catchy. If you get my drift.

Get some ideas going here.

Tom (... we need to go viral!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry for Better Disney Dinning
    Sack Lunch the Disney Dinning Plan
    Disgruntled Disney Dinners

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 293963
    Hungry for Better Disney Dinning
    Sack Lunch the Disney Dinning Plan
    Disgruntled Disney Dinners
    Good, good, good!

Keep 'em coming. After we get everyone's input, I'll start a poll where we can vote for the favorite.

Maybe this'll work!

Tom (... here's hoping...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of making it a positive thing, instead of focusing on the negative.

Perhaps we can have a forum here that is "Reminiscing" or "Disney Nostalgia" or something like that. We can discuss not only dining but how the parks used to sparkle, how bus drivers used to be funny and interact with guests, how there used to be the double decker buses in EPCOT, those sorts of things.

The bots will pick up the info and may actually lead people back here.

Disney does troll boards, so they could end up seeing it. OR, once we've got a good thread or ten going, we can copy the posts to an email and email Disney relations.

What are your thoughts on that?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, I don't think Disney cares. The annual pass holders, the locals, the ones who keep returning, Disney knows they have us. Disney is doing everything they can to lure in the first timers and those who only come visit occasionally.

I know many don't like the dining plan but Disney is not getting rid of it anytime soon. People LOVE it. They think it's a bargain and they love to have it paid for already.

For me, we are back to eating off site more and more. Even with my Tables in Wonderland discount, Disney prices have become do overinflated (due to the dining plan) that I cannot justify the cost.

And I am a hardcore Disney lover as the majority of you know :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 293934
    Sigh, those certainly were the good old days weren't they Tink? I haven't found JIKO dumbed down but most of the other restaurants certainly have been. I've said for years that they need to totally revamp the free dining. If you are on the Free DDP then you should receive a special menu with a limited number of items. Folks who purchase things like the Deluxe Dining Plan should still have the opportunity to order what they wish however.
    I totally agree. We've had free dining the last few times we've been, and we're on it again next year. I certainly wouldn't mind having a different menu. Thing is though, as long as the restaurants stay full, they won't change it I don't think....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, I seem to be in the minority here. We had the dining plan and managing to use it quite wisely had 2 beautiful dinners at the Yachtsman with the wonderful Ricardo. He was so lovely and I told him that I knew Terry and Sue and after we had the meal we all received kisses (no not DS, they shook hands). We booked for our last night and I specifically asked for Ricardo and once again he was fantastic. We also ate at the California Grill which again was a fantastic meal. We stayed at the wonderful BC and I'm sorry I missed you Wendy but I got your message about meeting just as I arrived back home. We ate at Cape May and also at the ESPN which I would never go to again. Food awful, too loud and didn't understand the sports. We also had a couple of nice meals at Nine Dragons. We don't have big appetites so never have a starter, just the bread and dip and then after the main meal, a dessert, that could have been why we enjoyed it. I also quite like Raglan Road. It was a great holiday and we're now planning on going back to the BC at Easter 2014, so busy saving.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to hear there are still some good meals and experiences out there!

But you and I are biased! We LOVE the BC!

I totally agree on ESPN, wicked loud and so over all the sports. Food used to be "ok," nothing special but "ok." No longer, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a wonderful meal at Citrico's last night. However, before we went in we had drinks at the bar. Our server was Lynnette. She was telling us that most of the wait staff hate the dining plan because folks will come in and run up what would be a $200-$300 meal and leave NO tip.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 294089
    We had a wonderful meal at Citrico's last night. However, before we went in we had drinks at the bar. Our server was Lynnette. She was telling us that most of the wait staff hate the dining plan because folks will come in and run up what would be a $200-$300 meal and leave NO tip.
    Im really going to have to give Citrico's another try

The dining plan was much better value when it included the tip that's for sure. I know a lot of UK people who've been very upset when they've been sold a vacation package including "all meals" and then found out that there was an expectation of 20-25% in tips.

Now we need to look at that in a bit more detail. The folks going out should perhaps have done some more research into cultural expectations, but when someone is marketed over here as "included" it means you don't pay any extras.

The last group to come back told us that they were routinely spending $70 or more a meal in tips alone for the four of them and that the "norm" was represented as 25%. I said nahhh come on, 15-20% for excellent service but then I go and read the Orlando sentinel where it says that yep, servers in Orlando now consider 25% to be normal, more for exceptional service.

No wonder they're frequently disappointed IMHO!

Anyway that's a tip rant, it's sad if they're getting zero on a $200 meal I do wonder how many people are deliberately stiffing the server and how many just don't realise they're supposed to be tipping.

I think the plan should have specific menus, lower cost menus and tip included. It would prevent a lot of problems
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast