Thread: special christmas events at any parks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just read that seaworld are going to have special christmas shows although it doesnt say what

I think I know some of the things that disney do like the christmas party but what are some other great things that happen around christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    there is the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, Osborne Family spectacle of lights, the candlelight processional, different christmas shows/story telling around the world in Epcot, lots of the resorts have decorations worth visiting too eg the giant gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 294033
    there is the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party, Osborne Family spectacle of lights, the candlelight processional, different christmas shows/story telling around the world in Epcot, lots of the resorts have decorations worth visiting too eg the giant gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian.
    totally my favourite time to go
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 294035
    totally my favourite time to go
    most definitely, i'm looking forward to being able to spend times in the parks without getting over heated

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes there are special food and beverage offerings too. We've seen a gingerbread house in the USA pavilion out of which they sell cookies and cider and hot chocolate. It's not there every year apparently, but it's fun when it is.

There is the Gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian where they sell smaller versions of the house and other treats.

One thing to keep in mind too is that there are usually free Christmas related entertainment shows at DTD. Often they are choirs, or carolers or the like, but they can help set the mood.

There is "snow" in DHS, and in Celebration.

Sometimes there are things like carriage/sled rides at a couple of the resorts. They are canceled though too, so be sure to check first before you set your heart on doing something like that.

There will be Christmas themed merchandise like drink cups, and clothes etc.

NYE sees a whole bunch of potentially different events too. Sometimes there are extra music acts in EPCOT, big screen showing Disney clips, that sort of stuff. It is JAMMED full of people all week, so be sure to plan what you want to do and get there early. It's not unheard of at all to have the parks close to new guests during this time (usually Christmas Day and NYE).

Oh, and Disney raises their food prices for full service dining for the high peak season.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Seaworld usually does a special christmas shamu show (i know its not really shamu show but you know what i mean!) when we saw it last it was really nice!
    I love christmas over there, i dont think i could ever go at another time of year again!