Thread: Diabetic at Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Will everything be clearly marked for content or do I have to tell the servers at every meal like I would in the UK? how about food courts? she's on a very careful diet and changing will mean melt downs

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually you tell the servers some of the restaurants actually have a separate menu.

Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have dietary restrictions tell the server at full service restaurants ( and request to see the chef if you need to).

At counter service you can ask the person at the register. If they can't answer your questions tell them you need to see the manager for a nutritional breakdown.

I cannot caution you strongly enough about taking things at face value in the US. There are all sorts of hidden additives and you'll need to ask point blank to get straight answers. Be very specific and very clear. They will bend over backwards to work with you though, and that's the good part, eh? (WDW anyway).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, most definitely if she is on a strict diet let them know, preferably ahead of time. I can't emphasize what Tink says enough.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix