Thread: One of the best kept secrets at WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Since we aren't DVC members we rarely wander on to DVC properties. However, back when I was playing golf regularly one of the courses that I played a few times was Lake Buena Vista. It wanders around and through Old Key West. If you have never been back there this property is GORGEOUS. We have also eaten a couple of times, for breakfast at Olivia's. It is a great restaurant and I have never seen it overcrowded at the times of year that we are there. I'm trying to remember to keep it in mind when I am struggling to decide where to eat dinner sometime.

Tink, I know why you love this resort. Donna and I are talking about trying to find someone we can purchase points from to stay there sometime.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an absolutely beautiful and peaceful place. We've had some very nice meals at Olivia's.
    We bought OKW sight unseen and haven't regretted it once.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must add olivias for a visit next year

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    You are so right John. We had the opportunity to eat there on a Good Friday dinner and it was awesome. We stayed at PORFQ, took the boat to DTD, then another boat to OKW. Long way to get there but hey it is always good to see some golfers worse than me hitting right into the Sassogula River.

Post Thanks / Like
    Must try it in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    OKW has been our home resort ever since we became DVC members way back in 1992.
    We have had some fabulous vacations there although it has now been several years since our last visit and we must plan a vacation to take in another stay there sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another bonus to OKW is they are the largest of any of the DVC resort rooms.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]