Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Cook Currency Card

Post Thanks / Like
    nearly had a fracas in Thomas Cook today, i had ordered my travellers cheques to pick up. The sales woman told me that i would be charged to use them, i told her i wouldn't, she told me i would. I asked her how many times she had been to the US, no answer.

I really feel like complaining as they are just lying to get a sale

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the same problem last year, trying to get me to have the currency card and telling me I wouldn't be able to use TC's as they are being fazed out, I will never, ever use them again!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    They were the cheapest that's why I used them. I can't believe they get away with lying though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 294291
    They were the cheapest that's why I used them. I can't believe they get away with lying though!
    we always end up there because as you say, cheapest usually.

We normally get the same hard sell on the card too though :/

Now we have always got cash rather than TCs because we worry about the faff of converting them. What's it like nowadays? If we go to a restaurant or any shop, are they just going to take them like cash? ANY problems at all?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually take up to our cash insurance limit and the rest in travelers cheques. I used tc almost everywhere with no problem, stores, restaurants etc. On disney property they don't bat an eyelid, even a $100 cheque for a $5 item. As we are only staying on site i plan to put everything i can on the room bill and then just settle it with the tc and credit card if needed. Not sure how much to take actually as all we have to pay for is tips and trinkets

Post Thanks / Like
    Never, ever had a problem with Travelers Checks anywhere. Some places asked for ID, but that's no problem. Can't imagine they get away with lying like that. Is there no regulatory agency to report them to?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We never taken cheques with us, we did consider using cash card but didn't fancy being charged for using the card at ATM :-S

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 294310
    Never, ever had a problem with Travelers Checks anywhere. Some places asked for ID, but that's no problem. Can't imagine they get away with lying like that. Is there no regulatory agency to report them to?
    I am going to find out. They are telling lots of people the same thing.i had to be quite rude to make her stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never ever had a problem with travellers checks and I've been all over the US - even the tiny iced tea shop in Tombstone AZ took them as cash. Only place that ever asked for id was Busch Gardens.

Saying that we used a Fair FX pre paid card last trip and will do the same, as well as taking some TCs and cash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess there's something to be said for not having your eggs in one basket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast