Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Five DAYS? Well that's not acceptable! You need your money NOW now in five darn days! What are you supposed to do for money in the meantime? I don't like that answer at all.

I'll be right over Issy. We'll get your money TODAY! Twits.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 32477
    ................ Money will be refunded to my account in 5 days.
    That's unacceptable Diane, when you go to the bank you need to tell them it needs to be done sooner. It's not your fault they have poor security and you can't be expected to wait for 5 days :mad: What happens if you have any direct debits or anything coming out of your account between now and then.

The latest I would accept is tomorrow, 5 days that is just ridiculous.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree Wendy. They are just doing that for their own convenience. THEY put your money at risk Issy, not you. THEY need to return it to you now. Actually, since you reported it this morning, they should be well underway to returning it to your account TODAY.

Don't let them get away with that. When you get there, tell them you need to speak with a manager and then tell (note that I'm not saying ask) that person that you need your accounted righted TODAY, not five days (and I'll bet they mean five BUSINESS days) from now. You have a life to live with obligations and cannot be expected to go without YOUR money for five days while they try to determine what happened.

UGH. Banks. As much service from them anymore as a wet tissue. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe all dd's etc will be honoured and no charges for going overdrawn etc - Rome was not built in a day and the weekend will hold up the processing a little as well - they quoted us 5 days and it was in there in 2 - I believe it is the sheer volume of cases being processed that causes the delay - I personally was just so grateful that it was all going back in so soon - after all it is not the banks fault that someone has stolen the money. I was scared it was going to be months before we got it all back if at all.

Only my 2 pennies worth

Post Thanks / Like
    Well who asked you to be all reasonable?

I know what you are saying, but I don't agree on one point. It is the bank's responsibility to safeguard Issy's funds.

I'm not necessarily reasonable (as you can see) when it comes to someone knickering around with my money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 32511
    I believe all dd's etc will be honoured and no charges for going overdrawn etc - Rome was not built in a day and the weekend will hold up the processing a little as well - they quoted us 5 days and it was in there in 2 - I believe it is the sheer volume of cases being processed that causes the delay - I personally was just so grateful that it was all going back in so soon - after all it is not the banks fault that someone has stolen the money. I was scared it was going to be months before we got it all back if at all.

Only my 2 pennies worth

I know it's becoming a daily occurrence unfortunately :( but they should at least offer her a free overdraft if they can't get the money back to her account for 5 days

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG diane, hope all is sorted out quickly........5 days is totally not acceptacle, but i agree with wens idea about a free overdraft....im always checking my accounts online, if i cant have an account online i dont want it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they would have done that - I asked specifically when it was done with ours and the lady understood we had mortgage payments etc going out and they would be honoured.

Safeguarding money is so difficult with electronic transactions - think how many billions are done everyday and how varied the patterns of spending are - mine was done from a skimmed card - dunno where but the chap had all my details including the security number.

At the end of the day when all is said and done the people who will be out of pocket at the end of this will be the bank who will undoubtedly then pass that back to us the customers - what makes me ad is their seeming reluctance to prosecute - I should imagine there will be a limit above which they can be bothered

Post Thanks / Like
    thats the big problem chris if they have someone bang to rights then it should be a presecution no matter how small or there is no deterrant for the person not to do it again :mad:
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolute truth there, Skywatcher. It's we who end up paying for the fraud in the long run. :(

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast