Thread: Is downtown disney safe ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive just read another story about an 11yr old being assaulted at downtown disney and I remember a shooting there not so long ago? Is it safe for us to park at? I have a show and some meals booked but im not so sure now

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be fine. It's not a park, so don't lose sight of the fact that you are in a heavily trafficked tourist area and that always draws some unsavoury charcters.

Keep alert when going from the car park to the actual shopping/dining areas of DTD. Try to park near a street lamp if you plan on being there during the evening.

If you are staying on WDW property, simply take the bus.

I'd not let my children wander at DTD. (Unless they were older, of course).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be as vigilant as you would be in the UK and you`ll be fine.
    If this is your first visit then please note that although it`s called "Downtown" Disney, it`s not really "downtown" as in a normal US city.
    Most of the area is taken up by parking lots and the shops and restaurants etc. are just across the road from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad stuff can happen anywhere. Just use caution as you would in every day life and you should be fine.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We visit DTD on every trip and IMHO it is extremely safe.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    we have never ever felt unsafe anywhere in orlando let alone just DTD
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive felt fine there at all times and even seen security people around when its busy

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll start to see more uniformed police there too (not just security). I'm sure Disney brought in some of the local force when the whole assault with the handgun thing happened.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you do feel safe just be vigilante like you would be here.