Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple special event - live stream to apple tv!

Post Thanks / Like
    Why have Apple gone against everything that Steve Jobs said, he was adamant that there would never be a mini ipad and it seems that now he's not here, they are doing the one thing he didn't want. It just seems sad to me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 294984
    Why have Apple gone against everything that Steve Jobs said, he was adamant that there would never be a mini ipad and it seems that now he's not here, they are doing the one thing he didn't want. It just seems sad to me
    Oh I'm so going to give you a wooden spoon so you can stir some more

To be honest, Apple has always been like that. "3G is rubbish and too battery heavy to use in a cell phone"... a few months before they bring one out. All one one computers do nothing well, a few months before the imac. Mouse's should only ever have one button, before they fake a second by tapping the other side of the mouse.

Honestly, Apple say whatever they have to in order to promote the stuff they're selling TODAY. Tomorrow is always a different matter.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean stir it was an honest question, I honestly think it is sad, maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking it

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 295002
    What do you mean stir it was an honest question, I honestly think it is sad, maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking it
    not at all I do think there are some strongly held steve beliefs which will hit the bin in the coming months/years. a smaller tablet was I suspect always on the cards but they're going to need to do something about touch for larger displays etc.

A lot of people think of Apple as truly innovative but I don't necessarily think that's true. What they've tended to do is see a concept that's working and then make it hugely better and sell it. OK that's innovative in its own way but it's not invention exactly.

What they've been brilliant at is executing the vision and there I agree with you. We may well be starting to see that vision being not so far sighted as it was with Steve. In other words, instead of taking something that's ahead of its time and making it great, we may be starting to see a lot more taking stuff that's out there now and tweaking it.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I had heard that Jobs was initially opposed to a smaller iPad but then, shortly before his death, had softened on it and was actively considering it. Knowing that Apple typically has about 5 years of product in the pipeline makes me think that Jobs had indeed blessed the smaller form factor at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 295006
    A lot of people think of Apple as truly innovative but I don't necessarily think that's true.
    That's so very true!

Look at the original Mac interface. Mouse, graphical display. Came straight out of Xerox PARC labs. As Jobs himself once said:
    We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.
    Tom (... and what good little thief's they are!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12