Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best restaraunts in Disney World

Post Thanks / Like
    What are some of the best restaraunts you guys have been to at WDW?

-Best kid friendly
    -Best serveice
    -Best food
    -Best value

I've been to California grill, 50' primetime Cafe, Sci-Fi. California Grill was amazing, food was great and them holding your food while you watch the fireworks is awesome. How is the Biergarten in Germany? I've been looking at going for the past three times we've gone and never seem to get my way. My wife is a little bit of a picky eater and I want to make sure she will enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Joe

See I love the california grill as well. I just can't beat watching the fireworks, glass of champagne in hand and then having a lovely meal served
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Keith. No doubt, I took the wife there for an anniversary night out(my mom comes with us to Disney to watch our 3 boys) and we absolutely loved it. I'm looking for another place to try our when we go in February. Have you guys tried the Biergarten with kids? I want my kids to try different foods and wanted to try a plcae with some character. I'm also looking for something a little nicer to take my wife to again. It's our time away from the children and my mom loves watching them so it's a win for both us all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe, post: 294960
    Thanks for the reply Keith. No doubt, I took the wife there for an anniversary night out(my mom comes with us to Disney to watch our 3 boys) and we absolutely loved it. I'm looking for another place to try our when we go in February. Have you guys tried the Biergarten with kids? I want my kids to try different foods and wanted to try a plcae with some character. I'm also looking for something a little nicer to take my wife to again. It's our time away from the children and my mom loves watching them so it's a win for both us all.
    I can't help with kiddie things, don't have any (and don't want any ;-) ) but in terms of nice meals for you and your wife.. Well if we're talking staying on site at Disney, Shula's steakhouse at the Dolphin hotel is rather swish as is blue zoo! (technically not on Disney property but close enough)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 294961
    I can't help with kiddie things, don't have any (and don't want any ;-) ) but in terms of nice meals for you and your wife.. Well if we're talking staying on site at Disney, Shula's steakhouse at the Dolphin hotel is rather swish as is blue zoo! (technically not on Disney property but close enough)
    Think I might try Shula's. Have heard good things and who doesn't love a good steak. Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joe, I don't know how old your kids are but I think, if they are amenable to trying different foods, that it is an excellent selection. I'm sure they'll enjoy the oompah band. As far as the food, it is traditional German with IMHO and American twist. We rarely have kids with us but when we do, it is grandchildren who are 9 or close to 9 (last year for the child rate). Obviously all of the character meals are kid friendly.

My DW and I love JIKO for a nice dinner. On this latest trip we also had excellent meals at Citrico's, Kouzzina (too noisy for an intimate meal, but good food) and Brown Derby.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 294965
    Joe, I don't know how old your kids are but I think, if they are amenable to trying different foods, that it is an excellent selection. I'm sure they'll enjoy the oompah band. As far as the food, it is traditional German with IMHO and American twist. We rarely have kids with us but when we do, it is grandchildren who are 9 or close to 9 (last year for the child rate). Obviously all of the character meals are kid friendly.

My DW and I love JIKO for a nice dinner. On this latest trip we also had excellent meals at Citrico's, Kouzzina (too noisy for an intimate meal, but good food) and Brown Derby.
    Thanks, my boys are 10, will be 7 when we go and 1 year old. I've always wanted to try Biergarten and I think the kids would love the atmosphere. I don't know anything about Jiko, What kind of food is it? I've been reading your posts about your latest trip and I must tell you, you paint a great picture when telling your details. I see you will also be going in February, I will be there the 3rd to the 10th and we are already getting excited. Funny thing is this will be my 10 year olds 6th time and my wife and my 8th time yet we still get excited like it's our first. So much to do and I'm always looking for things we haven't tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe, post: 294956
    -Best kid friendly
    -Best serveice
    -Best food
    -Best value
    Kid Friendly - O'Hana and pretty much any character meal.
    Best Service - Disney has taken a hit here over the past couple of years but we've recently had good service at 50's Primetime and Sanaa.
    Best Food - I have never had a bad meal at Teppan Edo.
    Best Value - Wolf Gang Puck Express (DTD Market Place). For the price and portion size it can't be beat.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe, post: 294968
    Thanks, my boys are 10, will be 7 when we go and 1 year old. I've always wanted to try Biergarten and I think the kids would love the atmosphere. I don't know anything about Jiko, What kind of food is it? I've been reading your posts about your latest trip and I must tell you, you paint a great picture when telling your details. I see you will also be going in February, I will be there the 3rd to the 10th and we are already getting excited. Funny thing is this will be my 10 year olds 6th time and my wife and my 8th time yet we still get excited like it's our first. So much to do and I'm always looking for things we haven't tried.
    JIKO is located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Therefore the cooking would be with an African Flair. I know you said your wife is a bit of a picky eater and so is mine but she loves the flavors of the food she gets there. Whatever you do however I would not recommend ordering the Falafel with Bunny Chow which is the current vegetarian entree. They used to have a Kalamata Olive Flatbread on the menu but alas it is no longer there. We used to get that every time as one of our appetizers.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    MY grandkids were at wdw last year the loved TEPAN EDO , CHEF MICKEYS AND OHANAS THEY WERE 6 AND 8

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast