Thread: Where is the closest shopping area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Other than downtown disney, where is the closest place to go for groceries and the like? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoreguy, post: 32607
    Other than downtown disney, where is the closest place to go for groceries and the like? thanks!
    Closest to where?
    Do you mean closest to WDW?

Post Thanks / Like
    The closest and best place to go is Publix near the Premium outlet mall. Unless you are at AKL or All Stars, then there is a Publix on 192 west that will be nearer to those resorts than the one behind the outlets.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya I did mean close to disney yeah thanks Tink! Publix will be fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyoreguy, post: 32930
    Hiya I did mean close to disney yeah thanks Tink! Publix will be fine
    As Tink said, Publix is probably the best for you however there is a store called Goodings at the Crossroads at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd which is ok but a bit pricy compared with Publix.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's pretty icky there too Slowhand. They've been cited time and time again for having spoiled food on the shelves.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33268
    It's pretty icky there too Slowhand. They've been cited time and time again for having spoiled food on the shelves.

Can I just say how lucky we are to have you here! What would we do without this kind of up to the minute info!!! We would be eating spoiled food in icky stores!!!! :shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen moldy rotting produce there, meat out of date (with those lovely green streaks) moldy baked goods... I honestly don't know how that place stays open.

Their prices are stupidly high. Pure gouging and that shouldn't be allowed either. I understand the concept of capitalism (althought I can't spell it! ) but that is just ridiculous.