Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been evacuated from a hotel after we were all fast asleep due to fire alarm! We were very disorientated and couldn't work out what the sound was to start with. Blooming freezing outside. Feel sorry for all those with little ones. Will try and get back to sleep now! Scary

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That is seriously frightening. Hope you can get some sleep. Where are you?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So I assume there was either no fire or just a small one?

That happened to us once but we were in Hawaii, so I'm sure it was quite a bit warmer. Hope everyone is OK.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Student halls, Michigan, January, 3am, -20 wind chill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily Jon picked up the keys and stuffed them in my handbag. We were all fast asleep so were a bit disorientated when we woke up. We had been sat in our car a good 5 minutes before the fire brigade arrived though. Some people were quite distressed and lots of poor mums and dads with young children, it was very cold and it was raining. I think it was good to do it....once, now I know what to do!

Post Thanks / Like
    We had this in May at Hilton Gatwick. I learnt a lot from it like making sure we are on ground floor if possible. Thankfully my hubby was there to carry Beth out as I would of not been able to. No staff to be seen for good 15 minutes and they where aware we had wheelchair user . Thankfully also a false alarm. We also had electrical fire whilst Beth was in hospital recently. She was hocked up to every monitor going and dread to think how they would of got her out. Thankfully the fire was put out very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    This happened to us in the early hours of the morning when we stayed in the main building at Vero Beach some years ago.
    The sounding of the alarm exactly coincided with my DW turning on the bathroom light and I was convinced that she had set it off!
    The cause of the alarm turned out to be a short circuit of some wiring in the elevator but we all were all evacuated in our jim jams and had to stand outside for a while until the firemen gave us tha all clear to re-enter the building.
    Luckily it was still quite warm outside and no one was injured...it was very exciting though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 295262
    evacuated in our jim jams and had to stand outside for a while until the firemen gave us tha all clear to re-enter the building.
    Hmm... jammies on the beach.

I'd have paid good money to see that one!

Tom (... beach blanket bingo.)

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    i didn't realise it was so common to be honest! i think the worst thing was that we were asleep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast