Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BE OUR GUEST

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    BE OUR GUESTopens on the 19th november what do you think of the menu and your opinion about seving alcoholic drinks for the first time in mk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    The cast member - management I think, as he was in a collar and tie, I spoke to on the first dress rehearsal day said that guests will not be allowed to take any drink away from Be Our Guest Restaurant and that it will be the only restaurant that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. He said there are no plans now or in the future to allow it to be served at carts or other restaurants.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 295282
    The cast member - management I think, as he was in a collar and tie, I spoke to on the first dress rehearsal day said that guests will not be allowed to take any drink away from Be Our Guest Restaurant and that it will be the only restaurant that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom. He said there are no plans now or in the future to allow it to be served at carts or other restaurants.
    I dont think serving wine and beer is a problem with a meal

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    But I can take my overpriced naff cup with lemonade and foam out right? Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 295322
    But I can take my overpriced naff cup with lemonade and foam out right? Lol
    I never asked that question

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind alcohol being offered with meals at a full service in MK at all. I actually think it's about time they did that. Walt objected to public drunkenness and the noisy obnoxious behavior that frequently goes along with too much drinking. Disney seems to do a pretty good job of controlling that, so I'm really not concerned at all.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    While I was shocked to learn this, I fully support it. It will be nice to be able to have a nice glass of wine with a good French meal. We are looking forward to our trip to BOG in February.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a great idea, and like Tink mentioned, I think Disney does a great job of containing drunken carousing. We love being able to have a drink in Epcot and especially love the food and wine festival, so the idea of having a drink at what I'm sure will be my new favorite restaurant in MK, holds massive appeal for me.

Even miracles take a little time.

2-08-09 thru 2-14-09 Port Orleans French Quarter
    3-20-10 thru 3-27-10 off property house rental
    9-24-11 thru 10-1-11 Old Key West

Post Thanks / Like
    We have dinner reservations at BOG in Feb 2013. I am excited about the menu and the restaurant. I think it is a great addition to the Magic Kingdom. The drinking doesn't bother me. My wife and I enjoy a drink or two with our meal. I think as long as Disney is careful not to "over serve" anyone, it should not be a problem. I have a DD6 and DS7. Sometimes a drink or two after all day in the park is a good thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were able to have lunch at Be Our Guest yesterday right before we left for home. Lunch is counter service and the menu *looks* nice with some lovely choices beyond your normal CS fare...but we found the food mediocre at best and really over-salted.

I ordered the Croque Monsieur and it was ok, but salty..the fries we not very hot. DH ordered the Grilled Steak Sandwich which again was ok...was a real piece of steak (not ground) quite thin, though. Not a lot of flavor. DS ordered the Braised Pork which looked just divine but suffered from being VERY salty and not enough of the yummy sauce. DH ate most of my sandwich and about 1/2 of his own and DS and I shared the pork (which was a very generous size for lunch) but didn't finish it because of the salt.

We didn't order from a kiosk...we ordered directly from a CM...you are then given a *rose* (round red piece of plastic with lines engraved to resemble petals). You place the rose on your table and CMs pushing covered carts around bring you your food. You are responsible to get your own drinks and REAL silverware! Food comes on real plates, too.

Dining rooms are GORGEOUS! Took some pictures...not sure how well they will look once downloaded...will post some if they are good enough. It's very dark inside, which I didn't expect for lunch.

Overall, not sure I would return for lunch...although we might give it another shot to see if they correct their mistakes. But I would still love to try dinner. Hoping to book there for our trip in June.:wink:

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast