Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you pack mixed cases?

Post Thanks / Like
    does anyone take the common advice to pack half clothes in one suitcase and half in another in case one is lost? and a followup, has anyone actually lost a suitcase.

Its an argument whether we should or not, I think it'll be too much hard work

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually travel solo, so no I don't comingle the contents of cases on a regular basis. If Leu & I meet overnight before a trip, we'll usually shift a few items from one case to another--just in case!

If you have a carry-on with the basics for a couple of days, it really isn't necessary.

And, yes, my luggage has gone astray several times. It usually catches up to me the same day--longest has been three days. My case traveled in circles around the country for some strange reason!

Post Thanks / Like
    In principle it`s a great idea to do that although we never bother.
    So far [touch wood] I`ve only failed to be reunited with my suitcase on two occasions and these were on business trips to Egypt and Turkey.
    On both occasions they were delivered to my hotel on the following day.

Post Thanks / Like
    We actually do split our clothes between the cases.....never had a case delayed/missing before but, it's peace of mind that we would still have clothes if it does happen.
    I know you can buy clothes cheap enough in Florida but, I don't go on holiday to shop so I don't wan to waste my precious time doing something I don't actually enjoy! (I know, a woman who doesn't enjoy shopping is pretty rare!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 32640
    We actually do split our clothes between the cases.....never had a case delayed/missing before but, it's peace of mind that we would still have clothes if it does happen.
    I know you can buy clothes cheap enough in Florida but, I don't go on holiday to shop so I don't wan to waste my precious time doing something I don't actually enjoy! (I know, a woman who doesn't enjoy shopping is pretty rare!)

Hey, I'm with you Diane! Another woman who doesn't like to shop!

Ready-to-wear clothes are an issue with me. I have a non-standard body, so everything has to be altered or it drives me crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I split all our stuff between our cases just in case. Touch wood we have never lost a case but I'd rather be safe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I usually put one outfit in the other case just in case! And put some underwear in the hand luggage, in case of major disaster!

Have never had a problem except one time I flew standby - they put me on the plane to the Gold Coast and put my bag on a plane to Brisbane. The Brisbane flight was full so I took the Gold Coast flight and got taxi and train home - it actually made it home before I did!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I always split between the cases..at least we would all have some changes of clothes should the worst happen.

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Have actually never split my cases, though I guess I should as I seem to be the world's unluckiest traveller...my cases have been lost four times :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    nope never done that, not even thought about it tbh, i guess i should tho eh!!
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast