Thread: Your favourite christmas toy?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2012 christmas toy list has been announced and yay its all back to old toys :) twister, furbies

These include a Lego version of the Mines of Moria sequence from the Lord of the Rings films and an electronic dance version of Hasbro's popular family game Twister.

Other names parents may remember from their own childhoods include Furby and Cabbage Patch Kids.

So what's your most favourite ever toy???

Post Thanks / Like
    oooh i think it was the playmobil pirate ship and fort that my brother got for christmas one year. Still love playmobil now, or lego

my most memorable present though i was 9 and i got a pair of red pixie boots. I loved them so much that if they'd been the right size i'd probably still have them now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly didn't have a favorite toy. My favorite Christmas gift as a child was my set of skis Da bought for me when I was 7. They were red, and that is the year he taught me to ski. Our best years together; skiiing.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have two that stand out from my childhood.

First was my Strombecker Road Racing set. Slot cars from the early days.
    Second, the Lionel train company had a series of kits out called their "Famous Inventor" series. These were:
    • Edison - the Phonograph
    • Hooke - the Microscope
    • Cartwright - the Power Loom
    • Bell - the Telephone
    • Morse - the Telegraph
    • Edison - the Electric Light
    • Hero - the Steam Trubine
    • Gutenberg - the Printing Press

Over the course of several Christmas', I got the "Hero - Steam Turbine", "Morse - the Telegraph", and "Gutenberg - the Printing Press".

Tom (... time to start watching eBay again.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was a dolly that santa brought me - cant remember which make she was but i really loved her!
    This year i thought dd would like a furby, was glad when i saw the price of them that she hasnt even mentioned one!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, do you still have your Lionel? I got one when I was 5. When I went into the Air Force my mother tucked it away in the attic. I never bothered about it while she was still alive but my brother kept the house. Unfortunately he and his wife managed to mortgage the hilt out of an already paid for house and they lost it to foreclosure. My train disappeared.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly remember fun Christmases in front of the fire with a new mechano set building all sorts. Dad was an Engineer so considered Mechano far more "proper" than Lego

...but really it was always computers for me. Sinclair spectrum, then later a wonderful new Amstrad cpc 464 with colour (shock) monitor and all the games but what I REALLY loved were the mega thick Technical manuals with all the APIs listed. So cool.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    A broomstick

We had so much fun with this simple piece of wood ..... those were the days. I asked for a broomstick and some shiny tape!

The broomstick all decorated with gold and silver tape, I was the leader of the jazzband twirling my broomstick behind my back, thowing it in the air

Then, when we all got together with our broomsticks, they (believe it or not) became our horses as we played Charlies Angels, solving crimes and swishing our hair about.

They were goalposts, limbo poles etc.

Many hours of fun from 50pence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 295746
    Tom, do you still have your Lionel?
    John,

These weren't Lionel trains. They were kits the Lionel put out that let you build replicas of whatever device it was. I do still happen to have Gutenberg's printing press sitting here on my office shelf.

I did have a Lionel train when I was younger (maybe 5 or so) but it's long since disappeared in the depths of the years.

Tom (... but nostalgia dictates I'd like to have a lot of that stuff back!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 295760
    mega thick Technical manuals with all the APIs listed.
    Wow... all the API's in a single book. I remember those!

Tom (... not today though.)