Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Mr. President

Post Thanks / Like
    and to the American public for having enough sense and responsibility to elect the person who will not infringe upon the rights of women and who will continue to battle for the rights for all Americans.

Congratulations too, to Maryland and the great state of Maine; both states which have passed legislation allowing all people to marry regardless of gender. Popularly known as "gay marriage" it is now allowed in these two states.

I realize it was a close call, but I hope that does not indicate more of the same from the other parties. We need consensus building now and no more "no for the sake of no."

Time to pull together and move forward building a country that respects all people, and provides for those who do not currently have the means to provide the basics for themselves. Provision that includes the ability to learn skills to go on to be self supporting.

We should all be happy today. It's the final four years of this President and that is when the hard work usually gets done!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I am very thankful for this Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole thing has been rather an eye opener for me on this side of the pond, simply cannot get my head around how much money is spent on advertising, its all very different over here.

I believe most of teh world beyond the borders of the US will be very gratified with the result last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well put Tink.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely! Congratulations and thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 296129
    simply cannot get my head around how much money is spent on advertising
    Which is the major thing wrong with our political system as far as I'm concerned. Politics and elections should, like our Constitution says be about "we the people". Not "we the business". As far as I'm concerned, anything other that personal donations to a political candidate or campaign should be strictly prohibited. And lobbyists stalking the halls of congress should be taken out and shot en masse. Government should represent the people and the people only. Or as Abraham Lincoln so eloquently put it, "of the people, by the people, for the people". Businesses and special interests have no place in it.

Sorry to get on my soapbox.

Tom (... opinionated.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish there was a way we could stop the incessant commercials on TV, radio and everywhere else.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 296134
    I wish there was a way we could stop the incessant commercials on TV, radio and everywhere else.
    What about the robocalls? I don't know why they bother with those. When I answer the phone and it's a recording, I arbitrarily hang up. If someone doesn't care enough to talk to me in person, then they don't have anything to say that I'm interested in.

Tom (... more pet peeves!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont want to tramp on anyone's political views here but here in the UK, I have never met anyone who supports Romney (and I live in one of the safest conservative seats in the country). We tend to follow world and US politics quite closely here and have a good general knowledge of what is happening in the world. I love America but find that everyone I have met there including my relatives know little or nothing of what is happening outside the United States. That amazes me. I find when I am there that world events get so little coverage compared to here. Is this the norm?
    Mr Romney did himself no favours when he came to the UK and immediately upset us with his comments about our country and the Olympics. Similarly he upset France, Spain and other European countries. We simply dont understand the opposition to an element of social medicine paid through taxes. It works to a large degree and we are very grateful for it - many of us have some private cover too through work or opt to pay extra to have that cover.
    We find his grasp of foreign affairs tenuous to say the least and that is frightening in terms of decisions that would have to be made. I met up with three conservative voting friends this morning (two right of centre) and all were rooting for Obama. Im not sure what I will be saying in 4 years, but honestly, I think that the Republican party made the wrong choice in choosing Mr Romney.

Mags

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 296135
    What about the robocalls? I don't know why they bother with those. When I answer the phone and it's a recording, I arbitrarily hang up. If someone doesn't care enough to talk to me in person, then they don't have anything to say that I'm interested in.

Tom (... more pet peeves!)
    I have caller id and the robo calls either come across as Unknown or as a Polling company. I just turn off the ringer and ignore it.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news for AMERICA and most of the rest of the world wanted OBAMA TO WIN

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast