Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Mr. President

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you Mags, Mitt the Twit as our local radio station have been calling him this morning, didn't seem to have any idea at all. The world is definitely safer now he's lost.

I'm glad Obama got in again

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Romney was nominated for the Republican party because he was the better choice out of the other contenders. The others were even further to the right. I even said something back in March that it seemed like some sort of cruel joke to make Romney seem like a good choice. The options were all scary.

I live in a very conservative area. I sometimes feel like the lone liberal here. It was awesome to see that my state of Virginia went for President Obama.

I hold no secrecy about who I vote for. You would not believe the massive amounts of Republican mail that came to my house everyday. I wish all of the campaign money went towards our deficit instead.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind when you're discussing Mitt the Twit that he only got 37.5% of the vote in the state where he was governor!

Guess the American populace is not as stupid as certain political parties would like to believe.

Tom (... course his remarks about the 47% didn't help him a bit!)

Post Thanks / Like
    He didn't win in any if the states he's lived in! He also lost Wisconsin where Ryan is from. Speaks volumes.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 296133
    Absolutely! Congratulations and thank goodness.

Which is the major thing wrong with our political system as far as I'm concerned. Politics and elections should, like our Constitution says be about "we the people". Not "we the business". As far as I'm concerned, anything other that personal donations to a political candidate or campaign should be strictly prohibited. And lobbyists stalking the halls of congress should be taken out and shot en masse. Government should represent the people and the people only. Or as Abraham Lincoln so eloquently put it, "of the people, by the people, for the people". Businesses and special interests have no place in it.

Sorry to get on my soapbox.

Tom (... opinionated.)
    Yes Tom, but as a *ahem wise man once said "Corporations are people too."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 296143
    Romney was nominated for the Republican party because he was the better choice out of the other contenders. The others were even further to the right. I even said something back in March that it seemed like some sort of cruel joke to make Romney seem like a good choice. The options were all scary.

I live in a very conservative area. I sometimes feel like the lone liberal here. It was awesome to see that my state of Virginia went for President Obama.

I hold no secrecy about who I vote for. You would not believe the massive amounts of Republican mail that came to my house everyday. I wish all of the campaign money went towards our deficit instead.

Well Johnie..you weren't alone! But I know exactly what you mean. I felt like a voice out in the desert. I think my DSIL put us down as a closet republican as a cruel joke or in the hopes that the tons of mail and incessant calls would sway us. Sheeh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 296151
    Yes Tom, but as a *ahem wise man once said "Corporations are people too."
    Yeah. Right. And boy have I got some swampland in Florida I want to talk with him about!

Tom (... or perhaps a bridge. Yeah. That's the ticket. A bridge!)

Post Thanks / Like
    So.. in retroscpect was it really as close as people were fearing/predicing as it doesn't look like it from the outside.

Do people feel that teh way Obama conducted himself re Sandy helped?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 296155
    So.. in retroscpect was it really as close as people were fearing/predicing as it doesn't look like it from the outside.

Do people feel that teh way Obama conducted himself re Sandy helped?
    Actually, popular vote wise, it was very close. I think Romney may even have won that, the last I checked. The key was that Obama won in what they called the swing states, with the exception of North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnie
    You would not believe the massive amounts of Republican mail that came to my house everyday. I wish all of the campaign money went towards our deficit instead.
    I too got FAR more Republican junk mail than Democrat. And I agree about the campaign money. They spend FAR too much on those ridiculous TV ads.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 296165
    Actually, popular vote wise, it was very close. I think Romney may even have won that, the last I checked.
    According to Politico:

Obama - 60,059,313 popular votes, 303 Electoral votes
    Romney - 57,379,220 popular votes, 206 Electoral votes

Tom (... but who knows if those are right? )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast