Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walt Disney Company Thinking About Purchasing Hasbro

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a rumor that the Walt Disney Company is in talks to purchase Hasbro, the world’s largest toy and game company. Hasbro brings with it a significant amount of licences in addition to the lucrative merchandising, such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, Monopoly, Magic The Gathering, Dungeons and Dragons, Tonka, Nerf, Clue, Candyland, My Little Pony and almost everything you can imagine.

According to MTV, who first reported the news, “serious discussions are happening at the highest levels” between the two companies. Not to mention, Hasbro already has a relationship with Disney, developing toys and games based on several of their properties (Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel etc.) and has a long standing, albeit it rocky, relationship with Hollywood (Transformers, Battleship, etc.).

MTV Geek wrote about this possible major business acquisition, stressing that it’s still just being talked about, but that it could happen at any time.

Paramount already controls the rights to the two big male properties, Transformers and G.I. Joe, both with new movies in the works. If the deal follows the LucasFilm model, those rights would likely stay with that company, at least until some kind of contract runs out.

Universal also controlled the rights to a bunch of Hasbro properties, such as Clue, Ouija, Stretch Armstrong and Battleship, but famously dropped most of them and only released Battleship. Since then Hasbro has continued to develop films based on this properties (as well as others) while shopping them around for a new home.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    they are taking over the world!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand it however. Personally, I'd be delighted to own Mr. Potato Head.

Tom (... more toys!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't they just buy Universal and Warner and get it over with, or does Warner even still exist?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm..I'm wondering if we might need to fear the Mouse. In 4 more years we might not have a President, but a Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that would be interesting to see what Disney would be like in the next few years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. Maybe I'm too much a traditionalist to enjoy this idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 296164
    Why don't they just buy Universal and Warner and get it over with, or does Warner even still exist?
    WB had better still exist or else our very good friend in LA would be out of her executive role there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep reading it as purchasing Haribo...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 296301
    I keep reading it as purchasing Haribo...
    me too and then i thought mmmm vodka infused mickey head haribo....mmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast