Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas Time

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Tink, Im so glad you have the punch bowl sweetie

I love Xmas, we usually spend it as a family in my parents house. This year will be wonderful as all 4 siblings will be able to make it, and all 5 granddaughters will meet each other and be together :)

We have some traditional dishes, many of them Spanish/Mexican. Our little family of 4, which is now the biggest since we are the only one with 2 kids will make the codfish plate, and there willmost likely be Romeritos which are an herb made with mole which is a chocolate/chilli sauce and tiny shrimp pancakes, turkey, apple salad, and depending on the time and number of people going, ham, pasta, etc....

We do a gift exchange amongst everyone, so if my sister's brother and sister in law go, they are also included in the gift exchange.... and then after dinner, when everyone has left we hand out gifts amongst our family.

On the 25th, we spend all Xmas morning at home, I just love to play Xmas music and watch my girls be happy with whatever Santa brought them :)

Too and I dont do presents for each other, sometimes somehting tiny, but what we do is change whatever amount we were going to spend into dollars, it helps when we travel to know we already have something for expenses and souvenirs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead, I'm confused just trying to keep up with you! I hope you enjoy your day, regardless of how it plays out.

Wendy, I like the PJ idea! :D That was our Christmas Eve gift. Mama would let us open ONE present on Christmas Eve and it was ALWAYS new pajamas.

Mari, that is just beautiful

We sure are a loving bunch, aren't we?

Anyone else care to share their plans for the day or their traditions?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the puchbowl story Tink. You always tel such a lovely story and make the reader feel like they are almost there.

We usually go up north to see my family but as we don't get back from our trip intil 15th we're not going up this year.

Our boys will be back from Uni (hooray), our home is really quiet without them though no doubt they will be out partying with their friends

House is going to be decorated before we go as I don't want to be rushed when we get back. I usually do it on the first weekend of December but we leave on 30th Nov so it won't be that early and it will nice to come home to. We have a gold and brown theme on the tree and all sorts of other stuff about the living room (I might post pictures if I have time before we go)

We'll have a traditional Christmas dinner and I'm already looking forward to it.

Our bestest friends will be coming for New Year so that will be FAB.

As for pressies, we never spend lots and have cut down on buying for for lots of our friends (mutal agreement)

The pressies we do buy are all going to be Genuine Fakes from Bangkok and I've told everyone to expect Jimmy Choo bags etc etc, it will be fun buying it

Sandra
    Sandra

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas for us is usually at my Mum and Dad's, my sisters and their husbands and sons usually make it too.

Because Christmastime is summer here, our traditional Christmas lunches feature lots of seafood, salads, and barbecue type food.

The adults do a "Secret Santa" which ends up not being very secret, but we buy individual presents for the "kids" (eldest is now 19 so I guess they're all going to start being counted amongst the adults soon!)

I love seeing my family at Christmas!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds so very nice, Sandra and Karen.

Karen, I always forget that it's summer for you, so your Christmas is much like mine, I'd guess. Not that it's summer here, but it's still much warmer than where I came from (and like summer would be in the north of the US). When I first came to Florida I heard many complaints about how it wasn't like Christmas without snow and cold.

I'd simply ask the complainer, "How much snow do you think there was in Bethlehem, then?" ;)

I do acknowledge the connection to cold and snow and winter for Christmas and remember more than one idyllic winter scene for Christmas, but that truly isn't the climate associated with Bethlehem. :)

(One of my favorite Christmas Eve memories was walking to church at night because it was snowing so heavily Da didn't want to get out the car. Church was quite close and I still remember how beautiful the night was with the heavy flakes falling through the starlight. The sound of our walking made little soft puffing sounds in the fresh snow. There was a distinct sense of isolated peace).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12