Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear :/

Post Thanks / Like
    As with everything American us Brits usually are about 3 years behind and have to wait for stuff to finally get to our little Island, so that's why we rush to shops like Sketchers to get the latest goods.

Well 2 Christmases ago I rushed to Sketchers but only because the weather was bizaar that year, one minute freezing cold and the next very hot, so as I hadn't packed any warm boots I got some from there. Wore them in the parks and they kept my feet lovely and warm, they were a knitted sock type with a furry edging on a thick keep fit sole. I LOVED them and did get some funny looks when I wore them but as ever I just brush off stuff like that and think no more about it............................... They got worn out as I wore them everywhere once back in the UK and they were soooooo comfy.

Now two years on I get a catalogue delivered and lo and behold! There in it are my beloved comfy boots! Same colour everything! Only they're not boots..... they are SLIPPERS! Who knew! No wonder I was so happy... I was trotting around all the Disney parks in me bliddy slippers!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!

This made my day! :)

I also think you should get another pair this year! :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love embarrassing the DD so imagine her face when I told her they were actually slippers! LOL! She's mortified.

DH says next time we go I just need to keep me hair rollers in :) to complete the look.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm picturing slipper socks. You really thought they were BOOTS?! I'm sorry but that is too funny!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    If I knew how to do a link I could show you them. There was nothing in the shop to indicate they were slippers. Still my tootsies were like warm toast! It was bitterly cold out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did they look anything at all like these?

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43334...pmd_google_pla

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

There are some things you should just keep to your
    Post Thanks / Like
    You just made me ten times happier XD But hey, they were comfy, Who cares? :3
    [SIGPIC] tb2pyj084cl4rbujdo9n[/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    No lol, let me have a look and see if I can show you or point you in the right direction and you'll see what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    AHA! Got it! Schechers cable knit keepsake slippers.... I Googled Schechers slippers and there they are! I had the black ones so you can see why I made the mistake........ can't you?

It could have been worse... I could have gone for the Sugar Cookie style ones......

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these the ones

[ATTACH]13620.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast