Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Messages

Post Thanks / Like
    As discussed in a previous thread, we did decide to go ahead and put our tree up early. I knew that if I didn't do it when the mood was a little light and positive, it would get done. I have to work next weekend so this weekend was the "now or never" time.

So, out came all the boxes and we filtered through them, putting up predominantly silver, white and clear glass ornaments with touches of Disney here and there. The boy had bought Herself a Dumbo ornament when he was three, those sorts of things.

It was a little bit of a struggle, but not too bad really. The boy and his Da were helpful, with his Da realizing what was going on and putting forth a very good effort.

After all was as up as it was going to get, I collected up the empty boxes and bins and sent the boy's Da back to storage with them. In the meantime I was poking around in this little green bin, the bin of random leftovers, and kind of old things that we really don't much use anymore. At the bottom of the bin was a Christmas card. Now I don't usually keep Christmas cards, using them instead as gift tags the following year, so as I was lifting it from the bin, I was wondering why it was there. Even those I keep for tags I don't keep in with the Christmas decorations. I opened it to read it, of course.

It was from Mama and Da.

My confirmation that having put the tree up and decorated for the boy was the right thing to do...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely card to find You are so right, you have done just as they would want you to do, not just for the boys but for you and Herself as well

It's things like this, that keep me going, just when you begin to doubt yourself, something happens and you know that you aren't alone, you are be guided by the loved ones you thought you'd lost but who are with you every step of the way as you carry on.

I'm so glad you decided to put up the tree I'd love to see a photo :) you could start the 2013 Christmas Tree thread

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a pleasant surprise that must have been Tink. And just think, if you hadn't put the tree up early you wouldn't have that memory right now.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so very nice to know that those that leave us are not really gone.

So glad you got your Christmas card early

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw that's cool, it's like a hug from beyond X

Post Thanks / Like
    Precious. And perfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely thing to find Tink

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure you needed that more than ever right now. What a beautiful surprise.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, Dr. Ducky I did. I know that too much can be made of simple things, and I'm not trying to make too much of this, but it was a gentle and lovely reminder that my parents were loving people who always did the right thing.

So, I try to do the right thing. Having a Christmas atmosphere for the boy is important, and I choose to interpret the finding of the old card as their way of letting me know that I've done the right thing in this regard.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 296927
    So, I try to do the right thing. Having a Christmas atmosphere for the boy is important, and I choose to interpret the finding of the old card as their way of letting me know that I've done the right thing in this regard.
    You have done the right thing and you have their blessing

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast