Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets have a Saturday Thread for a Change

Post Thanks / Like
    Very short or just short You haven't had it shaved have you

My goodness the things you will do just so that you can creep up on Keith

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not shaved, just short everyone says they love it! I have comedy glasses and moustache too lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t help your day feel any better Wendy as I too have had one heck of a day.
    We were exhibiting at a local wedding fayre which was darn cold to say the least.
    At 1.30 pm I had to leave the fayre in order to "do" a wedding, leaving my DW in charge at the fayre.
    As soon as I arrived at the bride`s house it started to rain which then became persistant throughout the rest of the day. The after wedding photos involved me moving my car to a more photogenic location while the bride and her new groom had their photos taken under my umbrellas, with me standing by in the pouring rain.
    I finally arrived back at the fayre just as it was closing at 4.00 pm, looking forward to doing absolutely nothing apart from lounging around in front of the fire!

Still it could have been worse, at least the wedding was not for tomorrow....Grand Prix day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh crikey Terry, I forgot you had a wedding today. It can't have been any fun at all in the rain

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spent my day running around getting some things done. But no Christmas shopping.

Oil Change on our work van,
    Haircut,
    Gasoline,
    Lunch,
    Grocery shopping, needed a ham but they had NONE
    Dry Cleaners
    Grabbed some take-out fried chicken (Popeye's) for dinner
    Went to another store where I found a ham.

Yesterday was absolutely spring like around here. Today very cold though temps only in the 40's (F) with heavy wind making it feel bone chilling.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to work particularly early this morning so I was able to be home by 4:30. That was the best part of the day.

Crazy busy at work, but that does make the day go quickly. (Although I must admit, today seemed to drag for all its busy-ness).

The weather is glorious by most standards. 45 or so at night (going down to maybe high 30s tonight) and mid 70s during the day. Bright sunshine and no humidity. By mid-week supposed to be back in the low 80s, but that will be the perfect 80s with a dry air and lovely breeze.

Have tomorrow off fortunately, so I can rest a bit. Our tree as you know, is up but only one present bought. I have one for Herself too (well, a set consisting of three items) nearly forgot that.

Looking forward to going to Yalaha Bakery the second weekend in December. They are having a German Christmas festival there for the first time ever, so we'll see how it is.

I'm trying really hard to focus forward instead of dwelling or looking backward.

Most specially, we are all looking forward to cocoa this Christmas Eve. Thanks to our beloved forever friends, we will carry on a tradition that Mama started. It will be beautiful.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you have tomorrow off and it sounds like the weather is going to be lovely.

I would love to be going to Yalaha Bakery with you.

When do you have your cocoa, is it before you go to bed

Post Thanks / Like
    The early part of the evening. We'll have it after Seven Fishes, if we don't have dinner too late. If we do, it will be before dinner (by a couple of hours).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have had an up and down weekend. :(

Today is Gareth's birthday so we went to my parents' place for lunch and had a lovely time.

Then I got home to find that my mother-in-law had an ophthalmologist visit this week where she's been told she will lose her vision in the next few weeks or months at most. :( Absolutely shattering news and I don't know what to do to help her. She won't be able to stay in her own place, she won't be able to look after herself there. I don't drive so I can't help there at all and my home is two level with stairs so she can't easily come to live with us. She *may* be able to live with my brother-in-law but he is in a small country town a long way away from me, and a long way from medical care.

We have offered her whatever financial help she needs but it's frustrating not to be able to help in practical ways, and so sad for her.

(ok I've brought the thread down now,sorry !)

But I am the proud parent of a 17 year-old now!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that Kazza, might be worth getting some expert advice about what's available vision wise, often it's better for people to stay in their homes when vision is poor as they are familiar with their environment and it reduces risk. I don't know if the whole circumstances of course, if I can be of help in any way please let me know

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast