Thread: Downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    The boy and his Da went to DTD yesterday to have a look around and do some Christmas shopping.

Needless to say, they were more than a little surprised at the mass of humanity they ran into. I was more than a little surprised that they would not realize that on Thanksgiving weekend the place would be mobbed!

At any rate, they puttered here and there and didn't accomplish much other than getting run into at every turn by strollers and children running amok.

The boy's Da says maybe they'll go during the week.

If you are planning on doing any amount of shopping during Christmas season (and now that Thanksgiving is past, Christmas season has officially started) at DTD, I would strongly recommend a weekday! Early in the am as possible.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't even going to step foot in a gas station over the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I wish I could do my Christmas shopping at DTD or rather I wish my family could do Christmas shopping for me at DTD!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going for dinner down 192 shortly and may go to DTD for a stroll later....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 297297
    We are going for dinner down 192 shortly and may go to DTD for a stroll later....
    Put t'kettle on

Post Thanks / Like
    We blindly did the same during spring break... we are NEVER making the same mistake again!!!

Over 30 minutes to get from the bus stop to Raglan Road, it was complete madness!

Post Thanks / Like
    I mistakenly went to DTD on a Saturday in December once. The 40 minutes to turn right into the parking lot should have given me a clue. There was even a line at the men's restroom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 297309
    Put t'kettle on
    I did "call ahead..." But you hadn't left any tea bags so they canceled my reservation at Ghiradelli

Post Thanks / Like
    We lucked out last night! Went to DTD and pulled right into a parking spot! Lol That never ever happens, especially after Thanksgiving.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!