Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you had a choice LA or FL ?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you had a choice to go to either disney california or orlando, a once in a lifetime really push the boat out and stay at the best places, which would you do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hands down WDW Florida. Much, much more to do. More of an insulated experience.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Can answer that one in a heartbeat..............FL every time

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all that`s been said so far.
    If you are really into Disney then at WDW you have far more parks than in LA. Also one of the things I really like about Florida is that it is so varied. You have two coasts to choose from, the Everglades for peace, tranquillity and some nature watching, and of course the Keys which are amazing.
    FL wins hands down IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fl every time, i would like to go to Cali at some point just so Ive been there but FL has it for me as terry said its the variety of the state, I'm so looking forward to exploring more over the years
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Florida, there is so much more to see and do.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on what is important to you.

If you are looking for an experience that can center around Disney in a relatively compact area, Florida.

If you are seeking an experience that involves Disney and don't mind spending a fair amount of your holiday on the roads, Los Angeles. It's more of a base and less of a specific destination.

Orlando has developed into more of a holiday destination in and of itself. Everything from less-than-stellar motels to upscale resorts, with a number of theme parks and other venues in a fairly compact area.

Los Angeles, however, is typical urban/suburban sprawl. Disneyland orignally was developed as a day trip destination, and although it has grown over the years and expanded with the addition of California Adventure, it's still a two- or three-day experience (four, if you really take your time and check out the details). Apart from Knott's Berry Farm, everything else is one to two hours drive (or more) from there.

However, within that that radius, you can experience everything from mountains to oceans and the valleys in between. Cross the bay and spend a day (or overnight) on Santa Catalina Island. Accommodations range from poor to ultra luxurious. It's also a short flight to San Francisco or Las Vegas, if those destinations interest you.

Post Thanks / Like
    WDW for our proper Disney holiday, although I really want to go to California some time fairly soon but that would be about touring around and seeing lots of places with a couple of days in Anaheim to go to DL. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Taja. If it's just Disney then WDW everytime.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm now let me think it has to be WDW Florida every time
    Jacqui ;)xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast