Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's FRIIIIIIDAY, LIVE from WDW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, ok, so not WDW but close!

I want a feather Christmas tree. Yes I DO! I saw a small (foot and a half maybe) one made from deep purple feathers! If you touched it, the rings of the tree swayed. TOO COOOL!!

If you want to get something done in November, you'd better do it today.

I'll be getting cards in the mail this weekend. It's that time, eh?

So. Now we start the "true approach" to Christmas. Do you do something special each weekend on the way up to the holiday?

We're planning on the German Christmasmarkethingy at the Yalaha Bakery next weekend...

It's been a long week.

Hopefully, this weekend will be one of getting little things accomplished and getting some relaxation in!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 297510
    I want a feather Christmas tree. Yes I DO! I saw a small (foot and a half maybe) one made from deep purple feathers! If you touched it, the rings of the tree swayed. TOO COOOL!!
    Livvy has one with pink feathers she strokes it because she said it feels nice

We're planning on the German Christmasmarkethingy at the Yalaha Bakery next weekend...
    ..................and you have a birthday party for my little man to plan :D Wish I was coming to Yalaha with you, have a lavender cookie for me :)

This week has been full of mixed feelings, we have been to 2 funerals, which were both very sad. I have also managed to get tickets to see Alicia Keys in May and Robbie Williams in June :D so that is something to look forward to next year.

Tonight we are seeing Pat and I am really looking forward to that, we haven't seen her since we came home from holiday.

We are getting our tree tomorrow, so hopefully we will put it up on Sunday, Chris will put the lights on and we will decorate it together. We go to Haldon Forest to get the tree, for every tree they cut they plant another in it's place, I like that idea. We have to have a real tree as Chris loves the smell of a real tree

Saturday night we are going to friends, she has beeen through a hard time just lately and is getting over an operation. She is very brave as she still doesn't know 100% that everything is ok, but she is looking forward and they are going to WDW next year so it is something for her to look forward to. No doubt her husband and boys will be asking lots of questions

We are meeting our friend who lost her dad for lunch on Sunday, I have mixed feelings about it as I know I will be in tears with her

So we have a fairly busy weekend arranged.

I'd swap it all to be going where Brit and Keith are :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i'm going on a small trip this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Wendy, I agree with you about swapping with Keith and Brit!! :D

Tink, the German Christmasmarketthingy sounds fun! And I have my eye on a white feather tree about the same height as the one you are eyeing up - though purple is a more fabulous colour!

Like Wendy, we are going for our tree tomorrow. Or rather trees. We have one indoors, and another to sit outside in the courtyard covered in lights For the last few years we have gone to the same farm for them. So now we have moved areas we have had to look for somewhere else. We managed to find Meldon Park, a 3852 acre estate owned by the same family for a few generations about half an hour's drive from here. As well as a lovely cafe and farm shop, they sell their own trees. For the larger one that goes outside Mr Deb will be chopping it down himself there! It is a lot cheaper that way, and it also provides me with much amusement watching him whilst I have some mulled wine and a mince pie :D Then we will start decorating them and putting up the other decorations when we get back in our traditional way, accompanied by a a nice log fire, a glass of fizz, some warm mince pies with brandy butter, and the Phil Spector Christmas album.

Sunday we will be doing outside chores - cleaning the henhouse and stable, and trying to persuade the donkeys they really would like to be groomed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 297520
    Really??!! You kept that quiet I have to say that is the best thing to be doing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 297520
    Okay, rub it in

Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 297521
    ........... Then we will start decorating them and putting up the other decorations when we get back in our traditional way, accompanied by a a nice log fire, a glass of fizz, some warm mince pies with brandy butter, and the Phil Spector Christmas album.
    This sounds perfect to me, I love the Phil Spector Christmas Album too, it really gets me in the Christmas spirit.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are going to put up our trees tomorrow. Donna wants to put the main tree here in the Family Room instead of the front room this year. That is going to require moving some stuff around. Then later in the day tomorrow we have Nathanael and Jacob for a few hours while mommy and daddy go to see a movie.

I'm wrapping up my first week of use or lose vacation time.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so thankful it's Friday....as by Friday I have put in more than full-time hours at my place of employment. So by this time, I'm not sure I even know my name.

Arthur and myself are both going to the groomer today.

I will be renting ParaNorman today. I'm super excited as I have been wanting to see this movie since it came to theaters.

I'm hoping to hear about an interview for a new job soon. Keeping my fingers crossed they call today.

I need to place a check mark in the Christmas section of my ITunes so that I can listen to Nat King Cole!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Billie, I hope you hear about the interview soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy it is Friday!!!

I have a long work day today. I have my usual hours here at the planetarium, but will be coming back this evening for a special holiday show that I produced last week. It combines visualizations of the Nutcracker by the Royal Philharmonic (think laser show without the lasers) and a tour of the winter constellations above Virginia. I am really pleased on how it turned out. The evenings are kind of special as we have snow machines that go off outside the museum just like the ones used on the Osbornes and we have partnered with our other museums in town to show a huge collection of animatronic holiday displays. There are carriage rides and holiday music playing all over down town. If you have to work another shift that is a good way to go.

I will take a break for dinner to meet my dear wife Sally and a bunch of friends. They are getting together to celebrate her birthday today rather than her actual birthday as it was close to Thanksgiving and a bunch of the crew was out of town.

Hosting a poker party for all our friends tomorrow night and oh yeah....raking about 3 tons of leaves this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast