Thread: line cutting at disney grrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like
    This is one thing that really gets under my skin and it happened a lot last year

Youre standing in line and one kid is in front of you. Get closer to the ride in the hot sun, and once you get to go into the attraction, a bunch of 10 or so kids come and join the first one :(

Not only that but families seem to do it. One or two kids in the line, then another three families join them once they reach the front.

It doesnt seem right to me, am I being unfair?

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends. For us, we'll stand on line and hold the place while our elderly relatives sit in relative comfort elsewhere (they really would have a hard time standing). Once we get close to entry they'll join us. We're talking about two people here. :)

If it's a group that gets to be a bit problematic.

Parents sometimes have to have someone hold the place while taking children to the restroom, or keeping them entertained elsewhere...

For me it really depends upon the circumstances, and I can't always know those.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll find this complaint on every board!

While I don't condone one or two people "holding places" for a large group, as Tink says, there are circumstances when it's necessary to accommodate one or two people in a group. Nature calls quite suddenly for most children--or they ignore it until it's no longer possible--and adults have to react as quicky to avoid disaster. I can remember that from childhood--and that was a long time ago!

And we do need to accommodate our seniors or those with special needs. While guest assistance cards/passes can be convenient, many of us are reluctant to use them. Yep, count me as one of the reluctant! Not through concern of what others would think, but because I prefer to be as "normal" as possible! Those queues--particularly outdoor queues--can be wicked long. WDW has done a good job of getting most of the queues under cover, but there still is no way around lengthy standing if an attraction is busy. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say, if they are polite about the intrusion, I really don't take issue....it's the rude one's who stomp your toes as they make their way through the line...

In the end, I think it's down to the attitude with which they do it.

Bothers me far less than those folks who plop themselves right down in the middle of the aisle whilst they are CLEARLY and CONSTANTLY being told to "Select an aisle and move all the way to the end." Now those people? Let's just say *I* do the toe stomping in that case.

Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on what mood I'm in.... usually because I am on hols I am chilled out and leave it up to the CM's to sort out... but having said that I'm usually so busy drinking in everything around me that if it has happened then I haven't noticed it. Hard to say what would happen if I was really grouchy that day and a big group did it... then I wouldn't fancy their chances! lol. You're talking to the person who when she saw a fully able young guy sprint into the post office after having parked his sports car in one of only TWO available handicapped spaces, followed him in and let him have it in full view with both barrels of her gun..... ;) I bet HE never parks in a handicap spot ever again. Yep that day I was particularly grouchy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 33099
    Bothers me far less than those folks who plop themselves right down in the middle of the aisle whilst they are CLEARLY and CONSTANTLY being told to "Select an aisle and move all the way to the end." Now those people? Let's just say *I* do the toe stomping in that case.
    Same here! [Failing to notice they may be wearing flip flops and tutting at the same time while you tread on their toes is quite an art that I have perfected! ]

Post Thanks / Like
    The first time we attended the Stunt show at DHS, a man (and his family) did that very thing. The CM came along and asked him to move down and he refused. The CM then told him that he was blocking the way and making it difficult for people to get by and he STILL refused to move down. He was really hateful to the CM.

I felt really bad for the CM as he didn't seem to have any back up or support for dealing with an ill mannered "guest."

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle