Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving to and from resort/parks

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for sharing your views. I'm normally all for the disney buses as they take all the worry out of going to and from, but I am thinking of staying at the Epcot resort area and I remember the buses being horrendous there. I've never had a worse bus experience (regarding time) than I did there. Sure I can walk to and from Epcot and DHS, but it seems like you 'pay' for that by having horrible times on the buses to MK and DTD.

I'm not sure where the parking lot is at MK. I don't remember seeing one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 297761
    I'm not sure where the parking lot is at MK. I don't remember seeing one.
    Parkings on the other side of the Seven Seas Lagoon. From the parking lot you have to take the tram to the TTC and then either the monorail or the boats to the MK. See the map:

[ATTACH]13809.vB[/ATTACH]

Magic Kingdom is at the top. Parking lots are at the bottom.

Tom (... it's a long way, to Tipperary!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, that means it still might be wiser to wait for the bus. Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Billie, we always stay onsite, and have only had a car one time (when we stayed at the Poly). We only used it that time to get to Universal and to Seaworld. Our family prefers to just use the WDW transportation. We kind of pride ourselves on getting where we need to go only using their transportation and our feet!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to pay to park at WDW then I might reconsider not driving. But I either get free parking by staying onsite or with my AP.

MK is the toughest one to navigate. It can surely take forever no matter what way you get there.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty impressed with POFQ busses so far, boat to DTD not so much, boat lands at POFQ but doesn't pick up then goes to POR to drop off and pick up then back to POFQ to pick up, took us an hour to get to DTD last night. It's just round the corner we got the bus back

Post Thanks / Like
    The buses for the All Stars Music resort were great, so were the ones for Coronado Springs. I had heard horrible things about the buses at the WL, but I didn't have a problem with them.

However, as I mentioned, the bus for the Dolphin was a nightmare. Just always took forever to get one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Billie, I think if I were to stay at the Dolphin I would either take a boat to Epcot or DHS and then hook up with buses or the monorail. It is sort of like an adventure for us. We loved the transportation at Boardwalk. We would take a boat one to DHS or walk into Epcot and then get the monorail. Can hook up at TTC

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually did that once. I walked through Epcot, caught the monorail, changed at TTC and then landed at MK. :D It was a good option.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I do remember problems with buses when we stayed at Boardwalk Inn Villas. I'd forgotten until you mentioned the Swan. They SHARED a bus! Here you are paying a small fortune to stay there and the buses are shared between those deluxe resorts and were jammed full of irritated people.

I don't remember problems at BC, but that could be because we are EPCOT fanatics and walk into EPCOT via the IG and would most likely transport from there to other parks. Of course, we'd walk over to DHS or take the ferry, but again we aren't huge DHS fans so that's not a real issue for us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12