Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving to and from resort/parks

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering how many of you actually just drive from your resort to the parks? Do you find this advantageous? Quicker? Easier? Or is it more a pain than taking disney buses?

Post Thanks / Like
    While we always have our car, we never use it.

Strictly the busses and such. Don't know why but for us it's part of the charm of being at Disney. Sure, it can be a pain sometimes. Especially when the parks are opening or closing but for some reason, we still do it. I guess taking the bus makes it seem more like we're on vacation. We have to drive the car all the time at home. While we're at Disney, we just don't.

Tom (... a non-busman's holiday so to speak!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always had a car except for a short trip this past June. It is MUCH quicker to drive yourself. You also always get a seat in your car :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mixed really, we have no car this time and have walked onto transportation with no wait. Magic Kingdom is a good one to go to without a car as it can take you 30 mins to get over the lake. Jon likes to have a car though so we usually use that unless we will be having a drink in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always drive ourselves, I prefer the independence and we do spend a fair amount of time going to and fro different places. That said if I didn't have a car I would be quite content using transport, it has always worked ok for us on the odd occasion we have used it, just takes a little longer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It varies for us. If we're up early we often drive as we like to get to the front of the car park and walk, without needing to use the trams. It's really useful when using a buggy as you don't have to put it up and down a gazillion times

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. We always use WDW transport. It's just so much easier and gets you much closer to the gates. Especially, Magic Kingdom! Delivery to the gate versus, park, tram in, ferry or monorail, walk to the gate... I'll stick with WDW transport!

We like to have wine with our dinner, too so if we are dining with WDW we want to take their transportation. No sense in taking chances.

We've never had any real issues, a random few here and there but through the many years, been very happy with the WDW transport system.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We are another that always have a car. Whether or not we drive to the parks generally depends on our daily plans. Since we do have a tendency to eat at various resorts we normally will drive to whichever resort we are eating at.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I did miss not getting the ferry over to MK the first morning. Always ferry there, monorail back

Post Thanks / Like
    I always drive to the parks unless we are staying at the GF from where we use the monorail or boat launch to and from the MK.
    As we don`t have to pay to park the car, I find it more convenient as it cuts down the waiting time for the bus and ensures that we can travel in comfort....i.e. sat down!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast