Thread: One for the ages...121212

Post Thanks / Like
    Did anyone catch the event? May be the best lineup for concert ever..and for such a great cause as well. 100% of the donations will get to the victims of Sandy. Where else can you see in one evening Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Ol Slowhand himself, Sir Paul, Eddie Vedder and Roger Waters, Chris Martin, Michael Stipe, members of Nirvana, Billy Joel, Kanya West, and Alicia Keys?????

It was a great night...stayed up way too late but it was a must see. DW and I made our second donation to the relief effort last night.

Big question...why were there so many Brit groups willing to take part? It was awfully nice. Mick Jagger mentioned that there was never a time when there were as many aging Brit rockers on stage at one time. He said they were happy to help and would hope the same if England needed a hand. Think that we would be there for you....

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a great show. We stayed up til the very end (and are paying for it today!) and per-orderd the album on iTunes before going to bed last night. Didn't quite get the "swing a dead cat" comment (I've heard it before, but thought it odd that he kept saying it) and apparently I wasn't the only one...but all in all, it was an amazing show.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I guess I have always heard that metaphor all my life. Must be a local thing. But they did beat it to death. Actually Brian Williams did. Seems like a lot got by a slow reacting censor....got to love Pete Townsend...Tea..year right...get an F'n Beer!!!

Poor Brian confused Pete with Kieth Moon...seriously??? That was awkward....

Post Thanks / Like
    How was my mate Eric?

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry, he was awesome...as you would guess. Played his first song solo and then band mates came back for a few more. Just a trio. But could they all play!!! I understand it will be rebroadcast in Europe soon. You will have to catch it if you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 298610
    I understand it will be rebroadcast in Europe soon. You will have to catch it if you can.
    Just try and stop me Dan.