Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Pookie update

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad things are going well Shelly, It's so exciting!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! We have a countdown! I am so excited for you...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 33293
    Well done mom and Pookie!! Seems like everyone is faring well and coming along nicely...April 11, eh? Just before tax day!! Excellent!!

Glad to hear things are going well, Shelly...how are *you* feeling? Not overdoing it I hope?
    Awwww...a little tax deduction I didn't think about that! I am doing very well, thank you. I am doing little bits here and there, but not too much. I wish I could help with the painting, but I'm staying away :sigh; I really was never sick when I carried Katelyn and it looks like it is going to be the same this time. I'm lucky, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33303
    Wow. Cooperstown is the only alternative? That's is a long ride! I'm just happy for you that you have a doc and a delivery site that you are comfortable with!
    Yup, no one around here delivers except Utica and Cooperstown. You can go to other places for basic care, but to deliver you will end up at one or the other. Seems strange, but I'm just glad the hospital in Utica isn't going downhill like everything else there :rolleyes008:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, you are so right. Utica is so very depressing. :( I am not knocking the area, honest. My parents live in the general vicinity, but I truly hate going up there and seeing how drab, dirty and economically depressed Utica is. There seems to be so very few areas to have a decent meal... and every time you turn around something is catching fire (usually arson suspected).

The hospitals remain remarkably good though. Amazes me! But keeps me feeling ok with regard to my parents' health. At least I know they have good medical care at the ready.

Eeeesh! Didn't mean to go on about Utica, in a sweet Pookie thread!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for including us all in yours and Pookie update. I agree in not wanting to know if its a boy or girl until the baby is born, so much more special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 33280
    Yes, we will deliver in Utica :p015: Our only other option these days is Cooperstown and although I have heard wonderful things about the hospital there, it is a longer ride then I am comfortable with. It seems long to me on a good day when I'm not in labor I had Katelyn in Utica and we were very happy with the whole process. The nurses were very nice and we felt well taken care of. When we got home I really missed the woman who kept bringing me ice cold apple juice :sigh;

Thanks for the Pookie update, Shelly! Glad both of you--all of you!--are doing well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic news doll :) but if Pookie wants to come just a little late..I hear April 26th is a great day for being born
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33523
    Oh gosh, you are so right. Utica is so very depressing. :( I am not knocking the area, honest. My parents live in the general vicinity, but I truly hate going up there and seeing how drab, dirty and economically depressed Utica is. There seems to be so very few areas to have a decent meal... and every time you turn around something is catching fire (usually arson suspected).

The hospitals remain remarkably good though. Amazes me! But keeps me feeling ok with regard to my parents' health. At least I know they have good medical care at the ready.

Eeeesh! Didn't mean to go on about Utica, in a sweet Pookie thread!
    No worries. The arson thing is getting really freaky around there. A few people are trying to clean it up and get things moving again, but people just don't seem to want it to get better. I guess time will tell :sigh;

Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 33785
    Fantastic news doll :) but if Pookie wants to come just a little late..I hear April 26th is a great day for being born
    I will cross my legs and hold on as long as I can I would want Pookie to have a good Birthday

Post Thanks / Like
    OH! No need to wait! :D April 2nd is a great date too! :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33812
    OH! No need to wait! :D April 2nd is a great date too! :D :D

LOL...oh no..this is going to get ugly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast