Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Pookie update

Post Thanks / Like
    We had our first appointment yesterday and everything is going well. It was a new doctor because my old one is all by himself right now and couldn't fit me in because of when I'm due :sigh;. But so far I really like my new doctor and I felt very comfortable with him :p015: They checked me out and said that Katelyn coming early shouldn't have any effect on Pookie and I should have no problem with carrying to full term. I think we traced Katelyn being 3 weeks early back to some dental trouble I was having at the time :rolleyes008: So we have a due date of April 11th for now :) Other than that appointments every 4 weeks and my first sono at about 14 weeks.

This has been your Pookie update for today :D

Post Thanks / Like
    How exciting for you It's very good that you're comfortable with your new doctor too. Are you going to find out if it's going to be a boy or a girl...or do you want a surprise?

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for sharing Shelley - look forward to more updates as Pookie progresses!

How exciting for you all!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    I shall enjoy hearing all about Pookie's journey from now till we finally meet him/her!

Also it's so important to that you feel good about your doctor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats so exciting

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we will be finding out if Pookie is a boy or a girl :p It drove everyone in my family CRAZY...but I loved that "you have a baby girl!" moment. It was so special.

I was really nervous about my doctor. I loved the one I went to for Katelyn and I was just so upset that I had to make a new "relationship" at a time like this. It is a practice of 3 doctors, 2 men and 2 woman, and so far they all seem very nice. They will make sure I see a different one each time, so that by the time I deliver I will be comfortable with each one. The nurses seem really sweet and I even got a goodie bag, so I'm happy so far!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is so very important to have a good relationship with your doctor. Taht seems like a lot of doctors to go through though! Are you going to Utica to deliver?

So our Pookie is doing well! WONDERFUL! Will look forward to hearing more about Pookie's progress.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33236
    It is so very important to have a good relationship with your doctor. Taht seems like a lot of doctors to go through though! Are you going to Utica to deliver?

So our Pookie is doing well! WONDERFUL! Will look forward to hearing more about Pookie's progress.

Yes, we will deliver in Utica :p015: Our only other option these days is Cooperstown and although I have heard wonderful things about the hospital there, it is a longer ride then I am comfortable with. It seems long to me on a good day when I'm not in labor I had Katelyn in Utica and we were very happy with the whole process. The nurses were very nice and we felt well taken care of. When we got home I really missed the woman who kept bringing me ice cold apple juice :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done mom and Pookie!! Seems like everyone is faring well and coming along nicely...April 11, eh? Just before tax day!! Excellent!!

Glad to hear things are going well, Shelly...how are *you* feeling? Not overdoing it I hope?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Cooperstown is the only alternative? That's is a long ride! I'm just happy for you that you have a doc and a delivery site that you are comfortable with!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast