There’s always exciting news on the dining front at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Look for the Mickey Check on the kids’ menu at Be Our Guest Restaurant, the first location to offer “Kids’ Complete Meals” featuring the Mickey Check, part of Disney Magic of Healthy Living, and on all quick-service menus at both Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. The Mickey Check will be on all table-service menus by Jan. 5, 2013. The Mickey Check helps identify nutritious food choices.
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort gets a major makeover and will be closed from Jan. 6, 2013 until summer 2013. Chef Brian Piasecki also is tweaking the menu, but the focus will remain on fresh, seasonal creations.
- Upstairs at the France pavilion, Bistro de Paris has reopened with a new name and a completely refurbished dining room and new menu. Still haute French but a bit more casual, with a nod to famed chef Paul Bocuse in the décor and the name – Monsieur Paul.
- Boulangerie Patisserie bakery is a brand-new building at the back of the pavilion, opening in January 2013.
- Citricos at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa now offers a private dining experience in The Chef’s Domain for up to 10 guests. Available Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, cost is $155 per person plus tax (includes gratuity) for six courses. For reservations: 407/WDW-DINE.