Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass+ Testing at Epcot

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when you used to post photos from your weekly trips to Epcot How things have changed and sadly not for the better.

I know at the end of the day Disney are a business and they are only there to make money, but it is a shame that they are treating the locals the way they do.

I guess I want the old days back when I was amazed at how clean the toilets were, the parks were spotless and the cast members were all friendly

I hope Disney think carefully about this fastpass+ I really do, I can see them losing a lot of people who stay offsite. At the end of the day, if I wanted second rate service and wanted a Disney fix, I could go to Disneyland Paris

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how on earth they could compete with Universal and their FOTL. Universal only has 3 hotels. That's why it works!

Well if I'm going to have to stay onsite for anything then Disney may very well become a once a year vacation spot :-(

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 298966
    So I'm kinda guessing that there's going to be a lot of stuff we can all access via smartphones when the full nextgen system goes live.
    On this basis it won`t be long before you need a masters degree in technology in order to get on any of the rides.
    [It may well be Blackpool for me instead of WDW next year!]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 298994
    On this basis it won`t be long before you need a masters degree in technology in order to get on any of the rides.
    [It may well be Blackpool for me instead of WDW next year!]
    yeah a very fair point indeed. If they make it conditional on technology people may not even have, then it'll be even less inclusive and unfair.

They're very very VERY excited about the NextGen project which includes the wifi/rfid cards and so on. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 298966
    You should stick to the good ones ;-)

I was listening to one of my favourite podcasts the other day and they were saying they're intending on bringing in a system where you can book your fastpass 60 days prior, much like the 180 day ADR system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikki, post: 299020

I was listening to one of my favourite podcasts the other day and they were saying they're intending on bringing in a system where you can book your fastpass 60 days prior, much like the 180 day ADR system.
    I think thats the plan how anyone is supposed to know what they want to ride on Wednesday at 2pm, 60 days in advance is beyond me

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree. I think the only way I'd be tempted to use it was I'd I knew I was going to be in a park due to an ADR, I might book one of the big attractions that are hard to get, like soarin for example....

Post Thanks / Like
    That's right, it'll include prebooking for sure.

The problem is, like the dining plan, if everyone else is booking x days out, it forces you to do the same and again, bang goes being able to make a decision on the day.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the thing..... as with all these things, there's pros and cons I guess. Then again, that is the whole point of a discussion forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh I can't preplan so much!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast