Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishing each of you a beautiful Christmas...

Post Thanks / Like
    As the year draws to a close, and while we are preparing to enjoy the festivities of Christmas Eve and Day, it seems to be a good time to reflect a bit on the past twelve months.

It’s been a short, “long year” hasn’t it? We’ve marked the anniversary of the sudden loss of our dear Mick, and gone on to lose two other beloved members, Ann and Trish. We’ll hold them always in our memories and cherish their contributions here. We are forever grateful for having shared a part of their lives. Each time we run across a post written by Mick, or Ann, or Trish it is as if they never left, a bittersweet ache of longing for them to still be with us.

Our sadness has given way to sheer joy at the birth of the newest Secrets members! What a beautiful circle of life to see the precious faces of the new babies who joined their individual families, as well as our Secrets family. The parents are generous folk who share their children with us through photos and tales of daily life. We look forward to watching them grow (too fast!) and to the babies we are eagerly awaiting to arrive in the new year.

Some of us have had personal losses, and we received the most compassionate and kind support here at Secrets than we could have anywhere. Losing a beloved family member brings a grief that can only be eased by the care and concern of our dear friends at Secrets. As we move through grief, we know that our family here will see us through.

Some of us are facing personal challenges on several fronts. Our members here offer support, hope, and encouragement to keep the hope strong one more day. As we walk the journey with friends, relatives, or even ourselves we know we are never alone because our Secrets community is here to lean on; to hold us steady and keep us from faltering on the way.

We have all experienced social unrest, and economic challenges; health challenges… and through it all, we support one another. We share our concerns, and discuss the issues that matter the most to us on any given day, at any given time. We have differences of opinions, isn’t that what it’s all about? How boring it would be to all be of the same mindset. We discuss with respect for one another and never fail to recognize that everyone has a right to her or his own opinion. Reasonable minds will differ, and that is an aspect of our diversity.

Disney, or more properly, our love of Disney brought us together. Keith created this beautiful site for us to share our experiences, our knowledge, our enthusiasm, our planning and our happiness with all things Disney. Disney offers something for everyone, as does Secrets. If you need information it’s here. If you need help, we’ve got you covered. If you want opinions on something Disney they are not in short supply around here! There isn’t much we like better than helping plan someone’s holiday, or providing detailed information to help someone plan the perfect holiday.

The members who come here, those who have been here from the beginning and those who honor us with having recently joined are the most unique group of people to come together through the magic of the internet. Many of us have never laid eyes on one another in person, but we care about each other as if we’ve been neighbors for decades. In reality, that’s what we are, isn’t it? Neighbors in the truest sense of the word, regardless of location. And for those who have met, it was as if you were reconnecting with an old friend, rather than meeting someone “new.” We know each other, regardless of proximity.

It takes pixie dust, hope, faith, trust, and respect for one another, and the glue that is our Keith, to forge and maintain this incredible community.

So, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and hope that your celebrations are all that you want them to be. May 2013 bring us a continuation of our strong and caring community, peace in our personal lives, new members to share with and learn from, healthy babies, and a gentle step as we go along life’s journey.

There are many carols, and Christmas songs from which to choose to represent the season. I hope you like this one. It’s a favorite of mine, and not played incessantly over the air. Last I knew not one chipmunk was heard even humming this tune, either! Happy Christmas, everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVMBLfAw4E

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's beautiful.
    Merry Christmas everybody :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't think I have ever heard that song before Tink. Thank you for posting not only the song but also your Christmas message.

Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful Christmas season.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    You have such a beautiful way with words...they inspire, spring hope, encourage, and comfort those around you. Thank you.

Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure my hormones are capable of handling such beautiful words right now!
    You do have a way with words Tink

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here at Secrets!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely, true, and echoes exactly what I feel in my heart. Thank you, Tink xoxo

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are feeling well today, Kate!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww Tink, that's lovely. Hugs to you all :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Tink, what delightful sentiments. Thank you so much.

As for me, I suppose the best I can do is wish everyone the merriest of Christmases!

Tom (... Ho, Ho, Ho!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast