Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So then? How is your holiday going? (Otherwise known as the Wednesday thread)!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're doing fine here. Eating WAAAAAAY too much food. Weather could have been nicer. We were hoping to tour the resorts today but the torrential downpour changed our minds. One of the things about living close, you simply don't go if the weather isn't nice. Yesterday wasn't too bad, although gloomy and gray.

Listening to the boy play with his remote control helicopter. Needless to say there are a lot of "YIKES! OOOOPS!! HEY!!! DON'T BANG INTO THAT!!!" He's banished to the hallway. He's also the next Cecil B. De Mille... taking photos and little videos with his new camera. I think that's his favorite gift, although he did learn today that one DOES NOT PHOTOGRAPH others who happen to be resting their eyes in the comfy chair!! ;)

Have to return to work tomorrow, but that is ok. Actually kind of looking forward to getting going for the new year and implementing some systems that have been in place but ignored. Time to get serious about performance of the team. Each interaction could be the last (and don't we all know that) so it's going to be the best.

Hope you are enjoying your yummy food, friends, family, or whomever you are spending time with!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Miserable weather here in the DC area today. Started out as slippery wet snow and has been solid heavy rain for the last several hours. We have a lot more leftovers than I thought we would as our friends decided not to take any last night. Have the ribs from the rib roast simmering in a pan to make a nice broth for vegetable beef soup. I'm still out of the office until the first week of January.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It's super cold here, but I have been lucky enough to avoid the actual bad weather. I've had a few days off, but am back at work now. Today is draggggging. I would much rather be home. I'm thinking of taking a little bit of a longer lunch and running to the grocery store. I really despise going on my days off. I've been exercising and dieting, so I have not endulged hardly at all with food. However, I did enjoy about 14 hours of television yesterday I'm totally hooked on a tv show from Netflix. I'm still waiting to hear about the job, hopefully this week. So that makes the days long. I'm excited to have next Monday and Tuesday off. Sheesh, I kinda rambled there.

Post Thanks / Like
    No you didn't, Dr. Ducky! It's nice to have a chat. I don't miss the cold, Billie. I must say that.

John, your weather sounds dangerous. Good that you aren't driving to work.

I'll be back to eating responsibly with the first. I'll get it a little under control tomorrow through NYE, but I'm taking herself to a new place (for us, but it's not been open all that long either) for dinner. We've not been out for an adult NYE in several years.

We are going here: http://www.bigfinseafood.com

We may go for a stroll around the World Showcase after dinner, but we aren't dining until later in the evening so may be too full and too tired to brave the masses late on NYE.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 299125
    Listening to the boy play with his remote control helicopter. Needless to say there are a lot of "YIKES! OOOOPS!! HEY!!! DON'T BANG INTO THAT!!!" He's banished to the hallway. He's also the next Cecil B. De Mille... taking photos and little videos with his new camera. I think that's his favorite gift, although he did learn today that one DOES NOT PHOTOGRAPH others who happen to be resting their eyes in the comfy chair!! ;)
    oh see now I'm just so jealous!

I have to be dragged away from those remote control helicopters in the Orlando malls I remember the old days when they were impossible to fly

AND a camera!!!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That seafood restaurant sounds like my kind of place Tink. Hope the both of you enjoy it.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this helicopter isn't too easy to fly from the looks of it, Keith! Yep, a camera... he LOVES it!!! His Auntie and Uncle sent it to him and boy oh boy was he hopping with excitement!! He keeps up a running commentary when he's making a video. Too funny.

Yes, John, we are hoping it's going to be a nice restaurant. It has very good reviews. I'm hoping that they have kumoto oysters when we are there. Those are the ones we first tried in Vancouver and absolutely loved. I think a dinner of oysters and champagne sounds like a lovely way to ring in the New Year! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well so far, apart from eating myself stupid and going to the cinema to see The Hobbit, I have spent my time building various Lego construction for my little man. Between us and family he seems to have been given the whole set of the Lego Super Heros including the bat cave and also some Lego Star Wars. Finished all of the Super Heros today but I will be starting on the Lego Millenium Falcon tomorrow which should take up all of my day.

Its just been lovely to chill and to watch my children enjoy their presents. Its also been amusing watching my lovely DH try to avoid the new kitten we have. Andrew is not that interested in our pets but it seems Tiggsy (the new kitten) adores him and follows him everywhere and sits on his lap at every opportunity. Of course Andrew insists that he doesn't want the cat round him but I did catch him giving both the cats (Tiggsy and Missy Mischief) some Salmon and a quick rub.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol cats have a way of picking their humans.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's taken me until now to get to the Wednesday thread I guess that speaks volumes

We've had a hectic few days which have been out visiting people most of the time. It's actually nice to be able to be at home, well at least for the morning anyway.

I had some beautiful jewellery from Chris, some cds, cookery book and my favourite perfume. I also got a Twilight DVD set I have no idea why I got these as the films have never interested me I have been told that I am a very difficult person to buy presents for, I have no idea why, I thought I was easy

I also had a beautiful arrangement which I can keep long after Christmas is over :)

We ate the last of the ham and turkey yesterday back to normal food now :D

We decided not to buy lots of chocolate and sweets this year, probably a good idea seeing as we have 4 boxes of Thorntons, 2 packs from Hotel Chocolat, a huge box of Milk Tray and a pyramid of Ferrero Rocher I somehow can't see us getting through that lot

How many others are like us and have lots of chocolate and sweets that you'll still be eating at the end of January

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast