Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Paperwhite?

Post Thanks / Like
    With Christmas having come and gone another year, I was wondering if anyone bought or has the new Kindle paperwhite? I'm considering upgrading my older kindle version, but I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at an advertisement for one of those. I don't have any type of ereader so am not the best person to ask. We'll wait and see if others have some info for us!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 299127
    With Christmas having come and gone another year, I was wondering if anyone bought or has the new Kindle paperwhite? I'm considering upgrading my older kindle version, but I'm not sure it's worth the upgrade.
    Mum and sister both got one. It's the kindle "done right" IMHO. Great e-ink screen still, backlighting makes all the difference and everything looks more smooth on it. It's just "right".

Worth an upgrade? hmmm I think if you use a light a lot then yes definitely because all the kindle lights have been klunky before this one. If you can ebay and get a few bucks for the old kindle, even more so.

I read kindle books every day/evening and the only thing that puts me off is that there are so many tablets around now which I feel do the job AND are much more capable in other ways too. It USED to be that the kindle price was unbeatable but look at the google nexus 7, the price isn't silly, it'll do kindle, same kinda size though not QUITE as tiny, and it'll do t'internet and loads more besides. Ipad's even better in my biased opinion but more pricy.

Sooooo, if you LOVE the e-ink display, ultimate in portability and don't need/want a more general tablet, then the kindle paperwhite is the best yet without a doubt!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    There you go! That's the kind of information we need, Billie!

So, Keith the kindle can do other than just provide books to read? (I'm woefully ignorant on these new electronic devices).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 299134
    There you go! That's the kind of information we need, Billie!

So, Keith the kindle can do other than just provide books to read? (I'm woefully ignorant on these new electronic devices).
    The paperwhite is really made just for reading books. positive to that is that you don't get distracted by email/'tinternet etc you immerse yourself in the book. Negative is that you can't carry it around as your do-it-all device.

They do kindles like the fire which are multifunctional tablets but they don't have e-ink etc so really they're just the same as any other tablet out there.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded my kindle for the paperwhite, it's AWESOME :)

Totally makes all the difference having the backlight. I would definately upgrade, see if you can trade your old one in, that's what I did :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that my kindle is 'just' an e-reader. That's why I love it. I have an ipad, but I dont want to read on a real screen (if that makes sense). Too tiring for the eyes. I will have to see if I can trade it in. That would be really nice. Even to get a few bucks for it.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 299127
    I have just bought a kindle fire he and grind it very good replying to this post on it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 299200
    grind it very good replying to this post on it

Tom (... oops!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 299200
    I have just bought a kindle fire he and grind it very good replying to this post on it
    I'm so pleased you find it good Robert :) I got an ipad for my husband for Christmas and he has hardly put it down.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast