Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long road trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 299168
    Interesting about bits of it being hard to find nowadays?
    You get a sense of that in the Cars Land research video that Pixar did.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 299169
    Hey that`s great Tom.
    [Some of us are old enough to remember the Rolling Stones version also. ]
    True enough Terry. But since I'm a Manhattan Transfer fan, that's what you get!

Tom (... who now returns Britchick's thread to her possession... )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 299172
    Tom (... who now returns Britchick's thread to her possession... )
    ah yes, sorry Brit!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I was enjoying the 3 stooges performance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 299174
    I was enjoying the 3 stooges performance

Tom (... )

Post Thanks / Like
    You know I don't mean it really! ;p

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 299177
    You know I don't mean it really! ;p
    You should.

Tom (... admits to being stoogelike on occasion.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I did coast to coast in 3 weeks and saw tons so a single state in 3 weeks would be easy.

With the added bonus of not having the endless drive through Texas. :yawn:

Post Thanks / Like
    Jules, I would think that 3 days should be plenty for Disneyland, depending on when you get there. We did it over a 3 day Memorial Day Weekend in 2005 and it was jammed. I can't answer about Universal as I've never done either one.

The trip itself is only a little over 500 miles and if you drove straight through you could probably do it in 7 to 8 hours, depending on traffic. That's why, even with sightseeing I would think you could easily do it in 3 weeks.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    what an idiot...i meant san diego to vancouver LOL bit of a difference. Couldn't work out why Dawn was saying it was 1 state!!

Post Thanks / Like
    San Diego to Vancouver would be an incredible drive. You'd definitely have to do some research and have plans to visit somethings along the way. Seattle is a much loved city (I had to go there for work, so didn't really get to see the best of the place). Mario Battali's Father has a Salumi shop there! :D

California would be the longest portion of that drive, of course. Vancouver is absolutely wonderful! Save a good few days for that city alone.

Three weeks would definitely be a nice time, but you'll always wish you had longer.

Regarding LA, it depends on how much you want to do. Do you want to do the traditional things, like Grauman's Chinese theater, etc? Rodeo Drive? Drive along the PCH for a bit, for SURE! It's so cool to see the "famous" beaches of the old movies.

Can't help you with comparison of Universal there to Orlando. Never been to Universal in California, but I would think going to that one would be great as it is the original. Disneyland is nice if only for the historical perspective. It's a much loved park, but so very different from WDW. Kind of neat to see it all contained in one place. Again, a different perspective.

You could plan a culinary tour! Or a wine tasting tour. California has fabulous wineries, but so does Washington and Oregon is coming into its own for nice wine too.

Big Sur, Sacramento, San Francisco... Heck, Santa Monica and Santa Barbara! California alone has enough to do in three weeks to use up all your time!

But, as I said if you had a good plan worked out for things you really wanted to see and do, with some unscheduled time for impromtu stops you should have one heck of a three week adventure!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast