Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor of illuminations globe refurb

Post Thanks / Like
    The Earth Globe at the Illuminations Reflections of Earth fireworks show (Epcot) may soon be removed for refurbishment.

It is thought the large Globe will no longer be in the show from August 13th although this date could well change. Instead of the Globe being the centre piece of the show there will be more pyrotechnics and a few other adjustments to other parts of the show. Itís not known how long the refurbishment will last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure wish they'd change up this show. It's been a long while since EPCOT had a new evening fireworks show.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree. I'm a bit excited about the idea of something new in Epcot :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I still reckon that the Tapestry of Nations was one of the better shows they did IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 33291
    I still reckon that the Tapestry of Nations was one of the better shows they did IMHO.
    definitely agree with this!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvcjane, post: 33213
    The Earth Globe at the Illuminations Reflections of Earth fireworks show (Epcot) may soon be removed for refurbishment.

It is thought the large Globe will no longer be in the show from August 13th although this date could well change. Instead of the Globe being the centre piece of the show there will be more pyrotechnics and a few other adjustments to other parts of the show. Itís not known how long the refurbishment will last.

Would this be 2009 as 13th August has already passed this year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 33291
    I never did see that. I think it was still there the first year we went but, I wasn't a member of a great board like this at the time and didn't know what it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    First it was Tapestry of Dreams, then Tapestry of Nations (or was it the other way around?) Anywho...it was our FAVORITE thing at Epcot EVER! I still have the CD of the music...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    First it was the Great Millenium Walk with the Sage of time, which was my all time favorite. Then, when the Millenium celebration ended it became Tapestry of Nations without the Sage of Time. It was lovely though, and I adjusted to missing that particular feature.

Then it became Tapestry of Dreams which had a nice premise and it was really cute to see the little kids put their dreams in the nets of the faeries. It was just that Kenny Rogers elfin character that kinda freaked me out. It was my least favorite version.

I do really miss Tapestry of Nations though, and really would like them to do something that creative for EPCOT once again.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33512
    First it was the Great Millenium Walk with the Sage of time, which was my all time favorite. Then, when the Millenium celebration ended it became Tapestry of Nations without the Sage of Time. It was lovely though, and I adjusted to missing that particular feature.
    I forgot about the Sage of Time! Holly so loved that parade... TOD was just
    TON abridged..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast