Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seat Plus with Virgin - Way out of home??

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

We want to take advantage of Virgin's seat plus so paying for the extra seat in a set of three for me and hubby but can only afford one way.

Would you book it going out so you have the extra room to spread out and relax or would you book it coming home so you can sleep a little more comfortably.

Thoughts please :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would book it coming home to be more comfortable, especially of you don't normally sleep on the way home.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd choose homeward bound too. I can never get comfy enough to sleep but the extra space may improve my chances.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same find it really hard to sleep on way home, hubby out like a light, so annoys me, lol.

Going out we had booked two seats of a set if three up in the economy bubble hoping the third seat would stay free, but logged on this evening and someone has reserved it :(

I've been reading up on the economy bubble and it doesnt seem as good as it sounds. Thinking of choosing seats downstairs now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The bubble used to be really nice, I don't know how much they have changed it though now they have put economy up there as well.

It is definitely quieter upstairs and there aren't as many people so it should be ok. I don't know how it works with food, I'm guessing they will bring food up from downstairs.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know Wendy, from what I've read, then upstairs has a dedicated team.

The thing I'm more worried about us being squished. Hubby and I are pooh sized and from what I've read it feels a little claustrophobic up there, the aisles aren't wide and there is no where to get up and walk around to.

Decisions, decisions :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Wendy says, it used to be amazing when it was PE! I always tried for it and I was more than a bit sad when I heard they were changing it.

I've never felt cramped or anything in there but of course it was PE not economy in those days.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere I read it said it went from 10 upper class seats to 33 economy seats, not sure how true that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    The aisles used to be fairly wide as there were only 2 seats each side. From what I understand, there is still PE at the front of the bubble and economy at the back on the Gatwick and Manchester 747s. It is small upstairs in terms of cabin size but it used to feel special, but as I said I don't know what it will be like now, as there are obviously a lot more people up there.

Chris has a bad back and he used to walk downstairs through to the back of the plane and then back again

If there is going I be an economy dedicated team upstairs then you will find you get a faster service than downstairs. It was one of the things I liked about upstairs PE it wasn't as rushed or chaotic as downstairs PE.

If it was me, I'd give it a go and see how it feels in the way out, if you really don't like it then you can go back downstairs on the flight home.

Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be some amazing PE seats upstairs on the Manchester flight [row 24 if I recall] which were the emergency exit seats and which were only assigned at check in.
    You literally had to remove your seat belt and walk a few paces to reach the seat row in front of you....those were the days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast