Thread: disney or vegas

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all if you had to choose between a disney florida vacation or vegas which would you do and why? thanks :tongue0011-1:

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmmmm let me think about that............disney because there is no proper magic in Vegas

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I like them both but theyve very different.

I think I'd have four days in vegas and the rest in disney

Vegas is all glitzy, fast, showy and just a bit edgy but it also has some great shows, good food and it's definitely an experience.

If I actually had to choose one or the other, definitely Disney for me though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Disneyworld without a doubt.

I do really want to go to Vegas but I think for me it would only be a one off trip whereas WDW I can visit again and again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Really depends on who is going and for how long.

With children, for any length of time, Disney. Hands down. There is very little for children to do on the Las Vegas strip. There are numerous day trips, but they may or may not appeal to children.

Without children, Las Vegas is fun for four or five days and can be a good base to travel to other destinations. We tend to think of the Las Vegas strip as "Las Vegas," but it really isn't. There's a real community behind all of that glitz and glamour!

Keep in mind, a Las Vegas holiday is pretty much a la carte. Unlike Disney where everything is contained and a significant part of the entertainment is included in the ticket price, everything in Las Vegas is separate (occasionally a hotel special will include show tickets or some other offer). And if you don't like dealing with tips, don't visit Las Vegas. It is gratuity central!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I've not been to Las Vegas, and the traditional reasons for visiting there don't much interest me.

I would however, like to visit the Grand Canyon and the Sky Bridge, so I could be convinced to do that from a Las Vegas standpoint. I would like to see some of the resort hotels there and try some of the celebrity chef restaurants I've read about.

I'm not much for the Las Vegas type of show and gambling bores me senseless.

I guess I'd try Las Vegas once, but I certainly haven't made much of an effort to do so!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 33470
    Well, I've not been to Las Vegas, and the traditional reasons for visiting there don't much interest me.

I would however, like to visit the Grand Canyon and the Sky Bridge, so I could be convinced to do that from a Las Vegas standpoint. I would like to see some of the resort hotels there and try some of the celebrity chef restaurants I've read about.

I'm not much for the Las Vegas type of show and gambling bores me senseless.

I guess I'd try Las Vegas once, but I certainly haven't made much of an effort to do so!

You'll just have to make that effort on your next western US visit, won't you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney all the way!! Dh and I went to Vegas and I can tell you that we have a much better time in Disney! We saw Vegas and that was enough:shocked025:

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to Vegas, though I was supposed to go in March 2009. However, since I won't be bowling this year I won't be going to Vegas. SOOOOOO I'll have to pick Disney. Would have done that anyway. :gy:

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix