Thread: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Annouce New Balance Footwear Deal

Post Thanks / Like
    New Balance and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts announced a multi-year strategic alliance today that includes exclusive footwear, running-specific initiatives and co-branding opportunities.

This exciting alliance will bring New Balance’s innovative, design-forward athletic footwear to the leading vacation destination in the world, in particular Disney’s thriving sports business. As part of the collaboration, New Balance becomes the official athletic shoe of Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. New Balance also becomes the official running shoe for runDisney race weekends and the official baseball shoe of amateur baseball events at the Sports Complex.

[ATTACH]14056.vB[/ATTACH]

In addition, New Balance also becomes the title sponsor of the track & field facility at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, home of the annual Walt Disney World Cross Country Classic and Disney’s Track & Field Spring Training for high school and collegiate teams. Future initiatives include the creation of maps for the running trails at Walt Disney World Resort and fitness programs for Disney resort guests interested in pursuing healthy options.

“New Balance and Disney share a commitment to quality and innovation,” says Rob DeMartini, President and CEO of New Balance. “We are proud to work with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to showcase New Balance’s brand excellence and the benefits of an active lifestyle.”

“Our relationship with New Balance complements our company’s efforts to provide healthy options for families during their Disney vacation,” said George Aguel, senior vice president, Disney Corporate Alliances. “We are excited about this new agreement and look forward to working with New Balance.”

To commemorate this alliance, New Balance created a men’s and women’s limited edition runDisney 860v3 running shoe that captures the spirit of two favorite Disney characters – Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. The limited edition runDisney 860v3 will be available for purchase at the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon Health & Fitness Expo from January 10-12, future runDisney Health & Fitness Expos, special events created jointly by New Balance and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts as well as branded pop-up shops located at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

[ATTACH]14057.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOVE NEW BALANCE Shoes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Love them! Disney's really getting into its fitness isn't it?!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to wear New Balance all the time. I'll have to look into these. I kind of like them. I have square feet with wicked high arches so am very difficult to fit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 300049
    I used to wear New Balance all the time have had . I'll have to look into these. I kind of like them. I have square feet with wicked high arches so am very difficult to fit.
    I have worn NEW BALANCE for years bought a new pair last year and find them very comfortable

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I always did too. They have many styles, but only a few work for me.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to have special shoes to run in because of my high instep so woukd have to use these for other stuff, very cool though