Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: premium economy in newly refurbed 747 v airbus a330

Post Thanks / Like
    So.....

I've tried premium economy in the A330-300 and hmmm. Nothing special, felt not much different to economy to be honest :/ albeit with a glass of sparkling wine when we sat down.

We used to love PE upstairs in the bubble on the 747s but theyve been revamped and I guess theres more economy seats up there now :/

So... whats PE like in the refurbed 747s? anyone know?

Should I try and get a 330 or a 747 flight? :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been up there all I would say is that what I've read there are a lot of angry PE passengers out there who are now fighting for the blocks of 2 seats downstairs.

From what I can see is when you go upstairs, the first seats you get to are the 33 economy and these go forward to where the cabin doors are and after that there are a 20 PE seats.

[ATTACH]14064.vB[/ATTACH]

The biggest gripes seem to be that the only toilets are the ones at the front of the cabin, so when passengers in economy want to go they have to walk through PE. You can imagine what it's like in PE before the seatbelt lights come on I can't say I'd like it very much. Another thing that annoys PE passengers is that they don't have a dedicated team anymore, the cabin crew upstairs now cater for PE and economy, so you might get your meal first, but you have to wait until all of economy have theirs before you get your wine.

One of the biggest moans is that as a PE passenger you are paying a premium price for a poor service in the bubble and you have to wait for economy passengers to get off before they can

I know that feeling in UC and it can be frustrating especially when people are faffing about

I wouldn't know what to do Keith, if I was flying PE I think I would probably go downstairs now and try and get one of the bulkhead seats.

Not much help am I

One good thing is that the new entertainment system is good :D

I guess you could always go economy upstairs and try and get row 80 and pay for the extra seat, it would be cheaper than PE. I don't know if you can pre-book them though
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's REALLY insane :( Why they had to make such a stupid change I don't know

That bubble was an oasis of peace and quiet and a true advantage of PE (there aren't many to be honest!)

We were downstairs in PE on an A330 out of manchester in December. There were screaming kids galore (Hello? can we ban kids from PE please or at least have an adults only section??) the seat pitch was no better than economy IMHO or if it was better, it wasn't by much.

PE is basically twice the cost of economy and I'm really struggling to justify it at the moment :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 299919
    It's REALLY insane :( Why they had to make such a stupid change I don't know

That bubble was an oasis of peace and quiet and a true advantage of PE (there aren't many to be honest!)
    It has always seemed ridiculous to me, I thought it was a joke when it was first announced.

We were downstairs in PE on an A330 out of manchester in December. There were screaming kids galore (Hello? can we ban kids from PE please or at least have an adults only section??) the seat pitch was no better than economy IMHO or if it was better, it wasn't by much.

PE is basically twice the cost of economy and I'm really struggling to justify it at the moment :(
    I can't see that happening somehow, especially not on the Orlando route, although there are some airlines that do restrict children under a certain age from some cabins, which I think is a good idea

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    keith, can you not stretch to First Class... even if it's just the one way? Expensive I know but a blessed relief on the journey home for a sleep. I would rather go less frequently but have the First Class treat on the way back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 299947
    keith, can you not stretch to First Class... even if it's just the one way? Expensive I know but a blessed relief on the journey home for a sleep. I would rather go less frequently but have the First Class treat on the way back.
    yeah you make a very good point indeed

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus I have discovered that 9 times out of 10..... they don't sell the First Class seats the other way.... so when you get to the airport you can snap them up at a cheaper price... usually about 800 each... that is a saving. Still pricey but I'm an old person who can't go camping anymore cos I feel the lumps and bumps now.

Plus think of the quicker airmiles you'll be racking up too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true, but just remember Keith once you have turned left you won't want to turn right again

Post Thanks / Like
    That's so true lol. Look at me now :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 299954
    Very true, but just remember Keith once you have turned left you won't want to turn right again
    That is very true Wendy.

I`ve recently managed to blag a great UC deal for our next trip using FC miles + cash. I couldn`t persuade Mr Branson to let us go out in May though, so we settled for June.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast