Thread: Happy Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well just had my yummy lunch after a group of fourth graders left for their return to school. So now sitting in my office before the 1:00 public show. The furniture store next to the museum has wifi!!! So I was able to get Live365 running Mouse House over the theater system so what should come on? ...... The full version of Its a Small World...the FULL version Oh my I need couseling...right now hearing the kiwi birds squaking!!

Today is my mom's birthday. She would have been 90 today. God bless you Mom. I miss you. She passed away Jan. 13, 2009. Well we are going out to meet friends tonight at a Mexican restaurant. I told my DB that I would have a draft in her honor.

DD Alex is heading back to college tomorrow. It was a nice visit. She was home since the first week in Dec. Not too many years for her to hang with her old parental units.....this is her fourth year, one more semester after this one..then...who know?

So what is everyone doing this week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a whole lot on our agenda for the weekend. We'll finish getting the Christmas stuff put away so that we can get the car back in the garage. Then we are babysitting two of the grand kids overnight on Saturday.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    such a complete update

Happy Friday and happy birthday to your mom... wherever she is... hope you have a great time with your friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much Mari...Hope you have a great weekend as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww Dan, it doesn't get any easier does it Happy Birthday to your Mom, she will be with you tonight at the restaurant.

Have you still got IASW in your mind

We have a quiet weekend planned, possibly going to friends tomorrow night, but no firm arrangements. It's supposed to be raining and very cold for the weekend, so I doubt if we will go far.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy Birthday, Dan's Mom. Thank you for your terrific son.

This weekend isn't too great for me. I'm getting ready for work. It's my weekend day (Saturday only, so that's some consolation) on. I was asked by my CEO to trade a weekend day with him, so I said yes thinking he meant to trade today (mine) for his (Jan 27). He meant my February Saturday! He works Sundays and I really, really don't like working Sundays. So I'll have two weekend days in January. Guess I'd better pay closer attention to what I'm being asked before I say yes. :)

The week was long and tiring and full of stressful issues to address. I know that is the norm when you are the Director of whatever but sheesh, it does get old.

One more time I'll put this offer out there. If you want to WORK, or know someone who wants to WORK with elders and can do so with ethical responsibility and compassion, see me. I'll hire you.

Hoping this upcoming week is a bit calmer. I do have an all day workshop Friday so that will be good. I'm very interested in attending this particular workshop at it addresses serving the needs of the LGBT senior population who have been diagnosed with age related dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Maybe one day I'll realize my dream, eh?

Right now, I'm just tired. And clearly rambling.

Take care everyone! I hope you have a good weekend and get some peace and quiet thrown in!

(Traffic is insane by the way. :( Marathon Weekend).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan

Sounds like an interesting seminar Tink! Well I am now a full time student, bit of a rocky start but I'm starting to feel a lot better and didn't feel nauseous at all yesterday which is a good thing. Trying to get my house in order before the insane amount of academic work starts. Off to a 13th birthday party tomorrow, my brother's partner's son, at my 40th birthday party my brother got chatting to one of my old school friends who i had only got back in touch with after 20 odd years. They are now living together and she has a 13 year old. Funny how things turn out...I was a little freaked out to start with but I'm really glad they're happy and settled. Have a good weekend everyone