Thread: Foreverducky.............

Post Thanks / Like
    ...........have you heard anything from the interview you had?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sadly no. The interview went really well. I think the chief psychologist really liked me. I am more than qualified for the job. During the interview I was suddenly told that others were being interviewed as well. Now, since I had applied I was basically told that I was the only one applying and essentially they were really interested in me. Since it was going so well I cancelled the interview process for another job. (I know, very stupid).

After waiting and waiting I was told that the someone beyond the facility (and higher up the food chain) made the decision. Unfortunately, I don't think I made a good impression with this individual last year when I met him. He was not a very nice person and I didn't not choose to worship him or his title. So, I'm thinking I pretty much shot myself in the foot.

I am looking into other options, but the process is really long. Who knows how long I'm going to be stuck here.

Thanks for asking Wendy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm sorry something will come along soon.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I'm at okay with it. It wasn't meant to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good that you are positive, it was obviously not meant to be because there is something better out there for you

Post Thanks / Like
    I do think life puts us where we are meant to be, and if this wasnt meant to be, its because theres something better for you out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Ducky, I definitely know how you feel. I've had a couple of interviews that I thought I absolutely aced and never heard anything back either. One job I applied for I was so totally qualified for it that I didn't think that they would have anyone else and I didn't even get the interview. Keep plugging. The right job will come up for you.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. You will find the perfect job for you. Patience grasshopper :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is someone like that at the higher level, then you are better off looking elsewhere anyway. Those "worship me and my degree" types crop up from time to time and do nothing at all but make problems for those who are doing good work.

Unfortunately, it's a very sad thing as they are often found in agencies that are trying to do good work in spite of it all.

I think many of us have applied for positions for which we are the "perfect choice" and not even been called! Or, had interviews thinking that we were really doing well, and then not offered the job.

So, you continue to look, and continue to learn and grow where you are. Take care now and know that we are all sending good thoughts to you for that "perfect" position to come along soon!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 299973
    I do think life puts us where we are meant to be, and if this wasnt meant to be, its because theres something better for you out there!

Absolutely Mari!